Singapore Expats

Please help to answer some legal questions, Thanks in advance

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
stephanielau1992

Re: Please help to answer some legal questions, Thanks in advance

Post by stephanielau1992 » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:39 pm

x9200 wrote:Yes, you mentioned it.
Once again: Did you ask the bank why they were going to close your account?

The bank declined to tell me the reason, simply froze my bank account for 10 months without any reason and showing any official documents. that's why I feel the way is ridiculous and rude.

stephanielau1992

Post by stephanielau1992 » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:43 pm

PNGMK wrote:The bank may have declined to tell her. Have you opened another account with another bank Stephanie?
Yes, no choice ah. I opened a new bank account in another local bank.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:52 pm

stephanielau1992 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:The bank may have declined to tell her. Have you opened another account with another bank Stephanie?
Yes, no choice ah. I opened a new bank account in another local bank.
So here's is something it took me awhile as a young person to work out - maybe you too. Having a bank account is not a right; it's actually a privilege and indeed it's a privilege that has only recently been extended to the normal person. In the old days (up until 1970's) you could only open a bank account with letters of reference from someone well known and with significant assets (i.e land). When I first moved to Singapore in 1982 I could only manage to open a bank account with a supporting letter from my (well known) employer. So it pays to protect that privilege but also it pays to remember that no bank is required to open or maintain an account for someone and that with the advent of money laundering rules it's often easier for a bank to kick someone out that risk a fine or investigation.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 16 Aug 2016 4:59 am

I think it would be best if you visit a lawyer. I feel there some communication gap for the exchange we already had in this thread and now it goes in loops. I believe, there should be some pro bono (for free) working lawyers available (at least from time to time) at the community centres.

stephanielau1992

Post by stephanielau1992 » Tue, 16 Aug 2016 11:36 am

BBCWatcher wrote:I mystified why you feel it's your job to make any assessment about the party that transmitted the money to you. Let the police (and the bank) do their jobs.

It seems you have zero evidence that the other party has committed any criminal act. The money just landed in your account, and it's not yours. Why aren't you returning it to sender?

If SingPost attempts to deliver a package to you, and it's not your package, wouldn't you be returning that package to its sender? It's the same thing. Somebody sent you money that shouldn't have been sent to you. Now, maybe the sender cheats on his wife, doesn't floss every day, and didn't attend his daughter's 8th birthday party... but why is any of that any of your business? It's his money. Send it back. At least send it to the bank or to the police. It's not your money, and that's the only bottom line that matters. And you seem to be acting like an account holder that should have a frozen account! I don't get it.
you may not know that a few unknown persons called me claiming the ownership of the money, and they even threatened me to chop off my finger, and especially strange thing is that the progress of the case, the unknown persons(always called me using unknown ID caller) clearly knew, and this unknown person is different from the person accused me kidnapping. The accuser is now claiming the ownership of the money, and the police is now asking me to transfer the money to the accuser. I have no intention to get one cent of the money, but I strongly suspect the accuser and the unknown threateners are in a group to set me up. I just want the truth,no intention to get one cent of the money, I lose much much more than the 20k+ during the case.

stephanielau1992

Post by stephanielau1992 » Tue, 16 Aug 2016 11:47 am

PNGMK wrote:I don't think we can help the OP. She's determined to end up in further strife.
Thanks very much for your reply. The Scammers continuously disturb me, and called me almost everyday using unknown ID Caller.

you may not know that a few unknown persons called me claiming the ownership of the money, and they even threatened me to chop off my finger, and especially strange thing is that the progress of the case, the unknown persons(always called me using unknown ID caller) clearly knew, and this unknown person is different from the person accused me kidnapping. The accuser is now claiming the ownership of the money, and the police is now asking me to transfer the money to the accuser. I have no intention to get one cent of the money, but I strongly suspect the accuser and the unknown threateners are in a group to set me up. I just want the truth,no intention to get one cent of the money, I lose much much more than the 20k+ during the case.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Please help to answer some legal questions, Thanks in advance

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 16 Aug 2016 12:16 pm

stephanielau1992 wrote: Thanks very much for your reply. The Scammers continuously disturb me, and called me almost everyday using unknown ID Caller.

Keep going.

I am hooked ..