Singapore Expats

2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fullhouse3010

Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Post by fullhouse3010 » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 4:32 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
fullhouse3010 wrote:Could u guys answer my question? whther I should include my part time study in the form also though I have not completed it. Will it imply to the government that I really have the intention to settle down here else why must I even bother upgrading myself and studying here for so long? :D
if your part time degree is from a local government university, you may score some points for your application. But that will not make ICA see that you will settle down here. You yourself in another post have said that you have to look for "second plan" if needed...
Thanks for your input. Yes it's ironic but it's reality and truth is always harsh. Proving to ICA that I want to settle down is to boost my chance of approval. If I cant, I would have to think abt other plan...isn't it normal? Of course if pr is granted favourably to me, I will not move to else where.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 5:27 pm

A degree not obtained is useless in any Singapore application, be it for EP, PR or SC. All it shows the government is that you are "trying" to learn something. Doesn't mean you are. Therefore, until you get the sheepskin, you have nothing at all. There are billions of people roaming the world with unfinished degrees (especially part time degree).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

quantabit

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 8:58 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:Dear All,

I applied once in Nov last year 2015 and got rejected in Jan 2016. At the time of submission, there was no tax filing required for the year of 2014. This time round I did file tax once
What did your rejection letter say? It may give some hints on how you should procedd