Singapore Expats Forum

2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fullhouse3010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2015

2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby fullhouse3010 » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 2:24 pm

Dear All,

Below is my profile.

Race: Vietnamese, but can speak Mandarin (is it alright if I indicate my race as Chinese to boost my chance of approval?)
Education: Studying here since 2008, did my O levels here and finished poly in 2014 and currently working in tanker industry. I have been working for about 2.5 years and been with this current company for 1 year 8 months.
Age: 24 this year
Gender: Female
Salary: $2,400 per month
Spass holder

I applied once in Nov last year 2015 and got rejected in Jan 2016. At the time of submission, there was no tax filing required for the year of 2014. This time round I did file tax once. I do have some of industry certificates.My question is I am currently doing my part time study at SIM. Another 1 more year to get my degree. Should I put this in my profile as well? I will be finishing my programme in Jul 2017
Additional point to note is my currently spass is gonna expired in Jan 2017. The company HR alr submitted my spass renewal last week and I got IPA today. So do u think it's gonna be a bonus point when I submit my second PR application in Sept 16? I have been lurking around and noticed that many people are having spass or ep application problems but it takes mine quite fast to get approved.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Could you guys please give me some verdicts about my chance of approval this time round?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 2:27 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:Race: Vietnamese, but can speak Mandarin (is it alright if I indicate my race as Chinese to boost my chance of approval?)


No, you are not allowed to do that, just because you can speak Mandarin.

Having your S Pass approved within a short processing time has no relation to your PR application.

The best option would be for you to upgrade yourself, see if you can move to an Employment Pass and once you have 3 years of tax returns, then submit a new application.

fullhouse3010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2015

Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby fullhouse3010 » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 2:44 pm

@singaporeflyer: thank you for urs comment. It's just that I want to show ICA that I could blend in pretty well. Not being a Chinese ethnicity doesn't mean anything. I can speak Mandarin and many people even mistook me as a Chinese not a Vietnamese. Aside to this, I will substantiate with a Chinese certificate obtained from the school which I went to in vn before I came to Sg.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 2:54 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:@singaporeflyer: thank you for urs comment. It's just that I want to show ICA that I could blend in pretty well. Not being a Chinese ethnicity doesn't mean anything. I can speak Mandarin and many people even mistook me as a Chinese not a Vietnamese. Aside to this, I will substantiate with a Chinese certificate obtained from the school which I went to in vn before I came to Sg.

If you decided you are Chinese, do you have Chinese ancestry certificates? Like your parents or so. I know Filipinos who put Chinese as race and can produce enough document including their ancient place in China because they are Chinese descent.

If not, just because people mistook you for a Chinese and you speak mandarin doesn't mean anything.

Blending in doesn't matter but you can try.

You may have a good chance because of your young fertile age not for being able to blend in ...
Last edited by ecureilx on Fri, 12 Aug 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 2:56 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:Dear All,

Below is my profile.

Race: Vietnamese, but can speak Mandarin (is it alright if I indicate my race as Chinese to boost my chance of approval?)
Education: Studying here since 2008, did my O levels here and finished poly in 2014 and currently working in tanker industry. I have been working for about 2.5 years and been with this current company for 1 year 8 months.
Age: 24 this year
Gender: Female
Salary: $2,400 per month
Spass holder

I applied once in Nov last year 2015 and got rejected in Jan 2016. At the time of submission, there was no tax filing required for the year of 2014. This time round I did file tax once. I do have some of industry certificates.My question is I am currently doing my part time study at SIM. Another 1 more year to get my degree. Should I put this in my profile as well? I will be finishing my programme in Jul 2017
Additional point to note is my currently spass is gonna expired in Jan 2017. The company HR alr submitted my spass renewal last week and I got IPA today. So do u think it's gonna be a bonus point when I submit my second PR application in Sept 16? I have been lurking around and noticed that many people are having spass or ep application problems but it takes mine quite fast to get approved.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Could you guys please give me some verdicts about my chance of approval this time round?

fullhouse3010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2015

Re: RE: Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby fullhouse3010 » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 2:59 pm

ecureilx wrote:
fullhouse3010 wrote:@singaporeflyer: thank you for urs comment. It's just that I want to show ICA that I could blend in pretty well. Not being a Chinese ethnicity doesn't mean anything. I can speak Mandarin and many people even mistook me as a Chinese not a Vietnamese. Aside to this, I will substantiate with a Chinese certificate obtained from the school which I went to in vn before I came to Sg.

If you decided you are Chinese, do you have Chinese ancestry certificates? Like your parents or so. I know Filipinos who put Chinese as race and can produce enough document including their ancient place in China because they are Chinese descent.

If not, just because people mistook you for a Chinese and you speak mandarin doesn't mean anything.

Blending in doesn't matter but you can try.


Thank you for reading and comment.
My parents aren't Chinese but my ancestors were lol I have no ideas how this works but then I did have sufficient documents to prove my ancestors originated from China. Nah I don't mean to cheat anyone especially the garment here...idw to be blacklisted but really thanks for your kind reminder.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 3:15 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:Thank you for reading and comment.
My parents aren't Chinese but my ancestors were lol I have no ideas how this works but then I did have sufficient documents to prove my ancestors originated from China. Nah I don't mean to cheat anyone especially the garment here...idw to be blacklisted but really thanks for your kind reminder.


If you can prove Chinese descent prepare the supporting documents and face ICA with a pure heart ! Good luck !

Curious, how come either one of your parents aren't Chinese origin then ?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 3:19 pm

Based on your OP, you were rejected in Jan 2016. Even though you can resubmit a new application after 6 months of rejection, isn't it too early to resubmit unless there are significant changes in your application?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 3:21 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Based on your OP, you were rejected in Jan 2016. Even though you can resubmit a new application after 6 months of rejection, isn't it too early to resubmit unless there are significant changes in your application?

Discovering Chinese heritage - is that significant enough

fullhouse3010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2015

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby fullhouse3010 » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 3:33 pm

ecureilx wrote:
fullhouse3010 wrote:Thank you for reading and comment.
My parents aren't Chinese but my ancestors were lol I have no ideas how this works but then I did have sufficient documents to prove my ancestors originated from China. Nah I don't mean to cheat anyone especially the garment here...idw to be blacklisted but really thanks for your kind reminder.


If you can prove Chinese descent prepare the supporting documents and face ICA with a pure heart ! Good luck !

Curious, how come either one of your parents aren't Chinese origin then ?


Maybe when they were born, the government back then was still not in controlled yet...I just guess haha I have no ideas also...Yea hopefully. It has been almost 10 years and there is no place to call home yet...it's kinda frustrating when u have no where to settle down.

fullhouse3010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2015

Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby fullhouse3010 » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 3:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Based on your OP, you were rejected in Jan 2016. Even though you can resubmit a new application after 6 months of rejection, isn't it too early to resubmit unless there are significant changes in your application?


Yes it is early but I think it has been long enough. I gotta think of the second plan if I could not get till then. I know I am still young but then rules and regulations in Singapore keep constantly changing I cannot foresee anything. Perhaps one day Singapore no longer wants any other ethnicities except Chinese China. So I am just trying my luck. I do have Vietnamese fren who got it after one year of waiting and for first time application. Some can get it second time so I thought I could give it a try before it's too late :)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 3:44 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:Perhaps one day Singapore no longer wants any other ethnicities except Chinese China.


Who gave you such an idea ?

fullhouse3010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2015

Re: RE: Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby fullhouse3010 » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 4:08 pm

ecureilx wrote:
fullhouse3010 wrote:Perhaps one day Singapore no longer wants any other ethnicities except Chinese China.


Who gave you such an idea ?


The government...it doen't mean offensive but I got one classmate who came here to study poly only. He originates from China and after working for 1 years he applied he got it after 6 months of waiting. No tax was paid. I think my profile was so much better than his because my scored in poly was in top 3 in the entire cohort. My pay was even higher than him despite him being a Spass holder also.

Another girl also classmate, same case. she applied after working for 6 months and no tax filed. She waited for 4 months and got it. I do not know how I should improve even further...trying real hard to do well in school and at work yet losing out because we are not from mainland. As such, in my conclusion, Singapore just wants more people from China not else where. Perhaps cases vary but the trend is still happening. Like many people mentioned we need 3 tax filing but yet again, none of my china friends had filed tax before they applied and they eventually got it. As a person who has been residing here for long, I think I should ponder rite?

fullhouse3010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2015

Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby fullhouse3010 » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 4:11 pm

Could u guys answer my question? whther I should include my part time study in the form also though I have not completed it. Will it imply to the government that I really have the intention to settle down here else why must I even bother upgrading myself and studying here for so long? :D

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: 2ND TRY APPLYING FOR PR

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 4:22 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:Could u guys answer my question? whther I should include my part time study in the form also though I have not completed it. Will it imply to the government that I really have the intention to settle down here else why must I even bother upgrading myself and studying here for so long? :D


if your part time degree is from a local government university, you may score some points for your application. But that will not make ICA see that you will settle down here. You yourself in another post have said that you have to look for "second plan" if needed...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest