Singapore Expats

IPA LETTER REJECTED AT IMMIGRATION SINGAPORE

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Imaricris

IPA LETTER REJECTED AT IMMIGRATION SINGAPORE

Post by Imaricris » Fri, 05 Aug 2016 12:40 pm

Last yr October 2015 I went sg for tour for almost a month and go to malaysia for a tour also, Since I still have 2 remaining days I went back to singapore to go get my luggage. But immigration did not believe me that I will be leaving when my tourist visa expires since I have 2 way ticket so they got my fingerprint and went back to Philippines immediately. This year last July 2016 I was hired by sg agency and my Spass was approved. When I presented the ipa to the immigration they said I need to have approval from Ica and so I went back again here at Phil. Now I am processing my letter with local sponsor. Would there be possiblity I can work at Sg or for tour only?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: IPA LETTER REJECTED AT IMMIGRATION SINGAPORE

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 05 Aug 2016 1:01 pm

Imaricris wrote:Last yr October 2015 I went sg for tour for almost a month and go to malaysia for a tour also, Since I still have 2 remaining days I went back to singapore to go get my luggage. But immigration did not believe me that I will be leaving when my tourist visa expires since I have 2 way ticket so they got my fingerprint and went back to Philippines immediately. This year last July 2016 I was hired by sg agency and my Spass was approved. When I presented the ipa to the immigration they said I need to have approval from Ica and so I went back again here at Phil. Now I am processing my letter with local sponsor. Would there be possiblity I can work at Sg or for tour only?
So with IPA you wanna come back ? Or tour again ?

You got me confused there.

Go to ICA website, get FORM 14A, ask your local sponsor to submit to ICA. And wait...

Too many people going on extended tour in Malaysia does raise increasing doubts... what is this you have 2 days ? The 30 day visa lapsed if you left Singapore on the 1st day or 2nd day or 10th day.

I wonder who has fed you info that you have 2 days ...

Imaricris

Re: IPA LETTER REJECTED AT IMMIGRATION SINGAPORE

Post by Imaricris » Fri, 05 Aug 2016 7:50 pm

I am planning to go back with IPA letter once Ica appoved my appeal. But the form 14A confused me says i agree that no employment will be done inside sg? Would there be any consideration that they'll let me in for those who have IPA?

When I went back from malaysia I still have 2 days on my ticket bec I have 2way ticket going back to Philippines, , I just need to enter that day to get my luggage and wait for my scheduled flight.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: IPA LETTER REJECTED AT IMMIGRATION SINGAPORE

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Aug 2016 9:21 pm

If you have an IPA from MOM, immigration will let you in, however, until your actually do the final processing of your S pass, you cannot work in Singapore. One the S pass is issued, you are good to go. But when you come through immigration you are on a normal SVP (social visit pass). When the S pass is issued, the SVP is canceled. So what immigration said was correct.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers