Singapore Expats Forum

Selling Motorbike

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.

Sponsored by:
AVIS Car Rental
skooch

Selling Motorbike

Postby skooch » Fri, 29 Jul 2016 4:56 pm

Hi,
I'm looking at selling my motorbike but struggling to find some way of determining the value of the bike. I looked at some sites that sell used bikes and once they are sold the price is removed so I can't see what they go for. Can anyone suggest the best way to determine the sale price of a bike ? Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Selling Motorbike

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Jul 2016 5:18 pm

Look at them before they are sold?

skooch

Postby skooch » Fri, 29 Jul 2016 5:20 pm

I haven't found any that are the same year and specs. I can make a rough estimate but just wondered if there is another way.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 29 Jul 2016 7:57 pm

Sure - go down to some bike shops and ask around. I'm talking about repair shops. They are always buying and selling bikes. Ask enough and you'll have a decent sense of prices. Also, Singapore Bike Forums is a good place... asking prices usually aren't too out of line.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 29 Jul 2016 8:05 pm

You also have to remember that it's not only year and specs. It's condition and mileage and the rarity of the bike. If you're selling one more 125cc whizzer there's not much to differentiate it and you'll be in a fairly narrow range because there are so many for the buyer to choose from. More rare bikes, for example, a Hayabusa are more difficult to price because the value is in the mind of the buyer. Now you have to consider what other alternatives would be available to the buyer at the price you think you want.