Singapore Expats

Refresh driving lessons advice

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
bak_kwa
Regular
Regular

Re: Refresh driving lessons advice

Post by bak_kwa » Wed, 03 Aug 2016 11:15 pm

yes ecurelix.....i was truly spoilt for choices so much that it has left me confused which one of those private driving instructors was the best for me...........hence that's why I came back on this forum for advice :)

unfortunately Strong Eagle my Indian license has expired :(

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Refresh driving lessons advice

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 03 Aug 2016 11:40 pm

bak_kwa wrote:yes ecurelix.....i was truly spoilt for choices so much that it has left me confused which one of those private driving instructors was the best for me...........hence that's why I came back on this forum for advice :)

unfortunately Strong Eagle my Indian license has expired :(
Go to anybody who can fit your time. As long as they can pick and drop you as you wish, they are good enough. Anyway you been driving before so it's no big deal.

I did that when I had to brush up my Basic Theory when I converted long ago. ;) the Singapore specific numbers got me stumped Image like the bus lane, 7 pm to 7 am headlight rule and such ... went to a small school in Sims Ave, 3 lessons at my free time and I was good to go.

bak_kwa
Regular
Regular

Post by bak_kwa » Thu, 04 Aug 2016 8:20 am

Thanks ecurelix :) got it :)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 04 Aug 2016 9:14 am

bak_kwa wrote:unfortunately Strong Eagle my Indian license has expired :(
Yes, but perhaps it can be renewed? Health check or some admin renewal fee?

Bigjohn32819
Regular
Regular

Post by Bigjohn32819 » Thu, 04 Aug 2016 2:14 pm

bak_kwa wrote:unfortunately Strong Eagle my Indian license has expired :(
dude, nothing in the motherland remains "expired" ... you DO know that, right?

8-)

once done, all TP here needs to see proof of is that the licence was acquired at a time when you were in that country for 6 months or more at one stretch ... then you pass a theory test here and are good to go.

bak_kwa
Regular
Regular

Post by bak_kwa » Wed, 10 Aug 2016 12:01 am

:D .....true Bigjohn :D ...yes.."motherland" is very magnanimous.. :wink: ..but must let you know that this would be the least of my problems. I am going to Qatar to work and that's where my future employer wants me to drive.....and time is short for me now (with about 2 months to go to Qatar) to not only refresh my driving skills but also learn to drive on the "wrong side of the road" (compared to Singapore) over there :roll:

Not sure of this x9200 and I need to check.

Best Regards

Bigjohn32819
Regular
Regular

Post by Bigjohn32819 » Wed, 10 Aug 2016 12:56 pm

bak_kwa wrote:I am going to Qatar to work and that's where my future employer wants me to drive
just one rule you must never forget while living there ... in ANY situation between you and a qatari, YOU are wrong and he is right.

Simply put, be careful.

bak_kwa
Regular
Regular

Post by bak_kwa » Wed, 10 Aug 2016 3:45 pm

Yes..I have heard of this one...thats true

bak_kwa
Regular
Regular

Post by bak_kwa » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 11:23 pm

([/quote]
Go to anybody who can fit your time. As long as they can pick and drop you as you wish, they are good enough. Anyway you been driving before so it's no big deal.

I did that when I had to brush up my Basic Theory when I converted long ago. ;) the Singapore specific numbers got me stumped Image like the bus lane, 7 pm to 7 am headlight rule and such ... went to a small school in Sims Ave, 3 lessons at my free time and I was good to go.[/quote])

Hi Ecurelix,

Please let me know the small driving school, on Sims Ave. that you attende for your refresher course?

Thanks
Bak_kwa

bak_kwa
Regular
Regular

Post by bak_kwa » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 11:32 pm

ecureilx wrote: I did that when I had to brush up my Basic Theory when I converted long ago. ;) the Singapore specific numbers got me stumped Image like the bus lane, 7 pm to 7 am headlight rule and such ... went to a small school in Sims Ave, 3 lessons at my free time and I was good to go.
Hi Ecurelix,

Please let me know the name of that driving school on Sims Ave. that you attended for your refresher driving lessons.

Thanks
bak_kwa