Singapore Expats

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
HOO1109

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

Post by HOO1109 » Sat, 16 Jul 2016 9:10 pm

I am a student doing intern in Singapore and will be leaving on 10 August. However, my phone went out of function two days ago and I still cannot turn it on. Since I will be leaving Singapore soon and I have a back-up phone in my home, that's why I don't want to spend money on a new phone. So, I wonder if anyone in Singapore can lend me a phone that you don't use anymore for around 20 days for me to contact my family regularly. Any phone that has access to internet will do. I really need help. Thank you. :cry: :cry: I promise I will return the phone to you before I leave.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 18 Jul 2016 3:12 pm

If you're not successful in arranging a loaner, why don't you stop by Sim Lim Square and pick up an inexpensive mobile phone? Singapore's mobile carriers will not start to shut down their 2G networks until April 1, 2017, and you can find 2G phones for less than S$20 (less than S$1/day in your situation). You can even find 3G phones for not much more than that. As I write this, Lazada, for example, has a couple Alcatel 2G phone models listed for S$17.80 including shipping, and a 3G phone (the Nokia C5-04) for S$41 including shipping. There's a seller on eBay Singapore that has a slightly used Nokia N105 listed for S$18, to pick another example.