Singapore Expats

PR application - under spouse scheme success rate

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chirpingbird

PR application - under spouse scheme success rate

Post by chirpingbird » Wed, 13 Jul 2016 2:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask for opinion about the success rate of becoming a PR under a spouse scheme with the background that I have.

I'm planning to apply for PR for the sake of getting an HDB and not to get a job that's for sure. We both want to settle down in SG permanently.

A little intro:
No kids yet
Nationality: Indonesian born chinese

Got married in July 2015 and has been holding LTVP pass since September 2015. I've never worked/studied in Singapore.

Husband
Nationality: Malaysian born chinese and a PR for almost 2 years (also studied here since poly, got his PR under PTS scheme, now working full time and studying part time with no intention of going back to Malaysia)

Husband has always been paying tax religiously, and basically always follow all the 'rules' set up by the SG government.

I need to extend my LTVP pass on September 2016 which I'm sure I will automatically get. However, when is a better time to apply my PR? Is it when I extend my LTVP, before my LTVP expires or after I get my LTVP?

I'd appreciate the advise! Thank you so much!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR application - under spouse scheme success rate

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Jul 2016 3:00 pm

Wait until you have been married over 2 years and then apply. Chances will be better by then but not guaranteed. I have a VN chinese bookkeeper who is married to a VN chinese lecturer in a local Gov't University also, PR. She has been on LTVP for a year and then I hired her (S pass), Last January I put her on a LoC, but she applied for PR after two years of marriage and it was rejected. The Husband has recently applied for SC so will wait until outcome of that application before trying again. Good Luck.

Oh, having a baby boy will help as well. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chirpingbird

Post by chirpingbird » Wed, 13 Jul 2016 3:16 pm

Does nationality matter? I heard malaysian/indonesian chinese have hgher chance of getting PR? If I apply this year and get rejected, would it create any implication in the future?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Jul 2016 4:42 pm

Yes nationality matters. Malaysian Chinese stand the best chance with Indonesian Chinese somewhere in 2nd place I think, but only if they follow best practices when applying. Otherwise, you are just signaling to ICA that you are no different than a local in as much as you cannot follow directions. So, yeah, while your ethnicity is a plus, you ability to follow directions also plays a big part.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers