Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore Airlines Number 3 Airline!!

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Hidy Ho
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2011

Re: Singapore Airlines Number 3 Airline!!

Postby Hidy Ho » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 3:34 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: absolutely!

However I must say despite this hiccup, they are still a thousand times better than Air France/KLM/Al Italia/Air India/


Since I moved out here in 2012, I stared flying SQ every month to Bangkok as it was "only" about 100 SGD more than flying Thai Airways (both Star Alliance). Gradually but surely, the difference in fare increased as now SQ is more than 200 SGD more than Thai and now I can't justify the price difference and fly Thai :(

If I fly home to USA for work, my company pays for SQ business class and I'm generally very happy. Last year, I paid for my own ticket home (to visit parents) and flew EVA economy plus which was about same price as SQ economy.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9260
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore Airlines Number 3 Airline!!

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 6:10 pm

Barnsley wrote:Heads surely gonna roll!!!

Its been voted number 3 airline behind Emirates and QATAR airlines.


Don't worry :)

Another survey will say the opposite :)

Ah, I know a few guys who insist they will never fly EK or QR, due to their local blah blah ..

And QR has been attacked in US, some Human rights groups been running ads in US demanding QRs landing rights be revoked ..

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Singapore Airlines Number 3 Airline!!

Postby Barnsley » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 6:22 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Heads surely gonna roll!!!

Its been voted number 3 airline behind Emirates and QATAR airlines.


Don't worry :)

Another survey will say the opposite :)

Ah, I know a few guys who insist they will never fly EK or QR, due to their local blah blah ..

And QR has been attacked in US, some Human rights groups been running ads in US demanding QRs landing rights be revoked ..


Can you use the Airlines names , I am lazy to bother to learn the codes of the Airlines.

Same with airports , I prefer when folk use the names as opposed to their codes.

maybe that makes me not so atas :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9260
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore Airlines Number 3 Airline!!

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 8:00 pm

Barnsley wrote:Can you use the Airlines names , I am lazy to bother to learn the codes of the Airlines.

Same with airports , I prefer when folk use the names as opposed to their codes.

maybe that makes me not so atas :lol: :lol: :lol:


EK: Emirates
QR: Qatar Airways
US: (not airline. It's a country) United States of America

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Singapore Airlines Number 3 Airline!!

Postby JR8 » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 8:25 pm

ecureilx wrote:Ah, I know a few guys who insist they will never fly EK or QR, due to their local blah blah ..


Huh, wassat mean? :???: Do you mean domestic politics?
IMO if that is a measure vs Emirates and Qatar, then it applies equally or perhaps more-so to some others in the top-10.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9260
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore Airlines Number 3 Airline!!

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 9:22 pm

JR8 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:Ah, I know a few guys who insist they will never fly EK or QR, due to their local blah blah ..


Huh, wassat mean? :???: Do you mean domestic politics?
IMO if that is a measure vs Emirates and Qatar, then it applies equally or perhaps more-so to some others in the top-10.


Ah, it's a new trend, to say things like 'since the arabs are nomads and barbarians, we aren't gonna fly any middle eastern airline .. ' and so and so.

And recently one guy said Royal Brunei is in his no fly list for being a terrible place for a woman to be, till one other guy pointed out that Royal Brunei has local female pilots, and with a complement of three of them, landed a 787 in Jeddah ! (no, don't start off asking why there were three females in a 2 person cockpit ;) :D )

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Singapore Airlines Number 3 Airline!!

Postby JR8 » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 9:26 pm

One of them was a 'back-seat co-pilot'? ;)
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9260
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore Airlines Number 3 Airline!!

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 9:40 pm

JR8 wrote:One of them was a 'back-seat co-pilot'? ;)


Daily Wail says .. " Captain Sharifah Czarena and senior first officers Sariana Nordin and Dk Nadiah Pg Khashiem were behind the controls of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner on flight BI081 from Brunei to Jeddah."

Looks like a new model 787 with three joy sticks :D

Though I guess one of them was a Check pilot.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Latest News & Current Affairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests