Singapore Expats Forum

Resume Writing Service

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

bluezstarz

Resume Writing Service

Postby bluezstarz » Tue, 12 Jul 2016 9:48 am

Hi,

I recently moved to Singapore and am looking for a job here and need a good professional resume writer to suit the Singapore market. Do you guys have any experience about good resume writers? I've heard horror stories about such writers and really dont want to lose money over this.

Thanks!

Strong Eagle

Re: Resume Writing Service

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 12 Jul 2016 9:56 am

Believe the horror stories, study the market, analyze the employer you think you might want to apply to, and tailor your own resume. Save your money. Resume _re-writers_ seldom do a go job... they take what you wrote and massage it... to no better delivery in most cases.

lucylucy

Re: Resume Writing Service

Postby lucylucy » Wed, 26 Oct 2016 10:59 pm

A lot of people never heard of keywords and buzzwords. A lot of people put attention to their hobbies in the resumes and not to their skills and their job experience. A lot of people try being creative and use horrible layouts for their resumes. A lot of people do mistakes and don't even know about it.
I don't say that people should write their resumes only with a help of writing services. They can learn about this stuff by reading books like The Resume Handbook (by Arthur D. Rosenberg) and many others. But there's nothing wrong or shameful in writing or editing resume with a help of an expert. I know how it sounds from a resume writer, but I think being this categorical about resume writing services is a little bit... mean?
Lucy Evans. Brand manager @ Cheap Resume Writing Services - website.