Singapore Expats Forum

Employment pass being delayed

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:33 am

optimist123 wrote:Hi Guys can anyone let me know the processing time for EPs applied after March 2017? Anyone got their EPs approved recently?

Sent from my SM-N9006 using Tapatalk

From 6 days to 6 weeks.

Yes.

optimist123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2017

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby optimist123 » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:48 am

ecureilx wrote:
optimist123 wrote:Hi Guys can anyone let me know the processing time for EPs applied after March 2017? Anyone got their EPs approved recently?

Sent from my SM-N9006 using Tapatalk

From 6 days to 6 weeks.

Yes.

Thanks for your reply. Mine has been waiting for 2 weeks now. If the candidate is already on an EP in Singapore, does it quicken the new EP request?

Sent from my SM-N9006 using Tapatalk

User avatar
subashgk007
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016
Contact:

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby subashgk007 » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 5:32 pm

What I've heard is, EP renewals are happening real quick..!

optimist123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2017

Re: RE: Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby optimist123 » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 5:58 pm

subashgk007 wrote:What I've heard is, EP renewals are happening real quick..!

Thanks for the reply..

optimist123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2017

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby optimist123 » Sat, 08 Apr 2017 9:20 am

Guys,
Is there a different processing time for new EP vs EP TRANSFER?

Sent from my SM-N9006 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3904
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby Wd40 » Sat, 08 Apr 2017 10:25 am

There is nothing called EP transfer.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34778
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Apr 2017 10:46 am

Wd40 wrote:There is nothing called EP transfer.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk


Not quite true, but you will not find it on any website. It can be done. I used it a couple of years ago with some S pass holders employed by one of our companies. We decided to close the company down, transfer all the contracts and employees to one of our other companies. MOM told us to give the a list of all affected, the old company, new company, directors, ACRAs and some other docs and the date of the proposed transfer and they would ensure all foreign employees were transferred effective that date (in their case, quota's permitting). I lost one only in the transfer.

But for what OP is talking about, no. There is no EP transfer, per se.

optimist123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2017

Re: RE: Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby optimist123 » Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wd40 wrote:There is nothing called EP transfer.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk


Not quite true, but you will not find it on any website. It can be done. I used it a couple of years ago with some S pass holders employed by one of our companies. We decided to close the company down, transfer all the contracts and employees to one of our other companies. MOM told us to give the a list of all affected, the old company, new company, directors, ACRAs and some other docs and the date of the proposed transfer and they would ensure all foreign employees were transferred effective that date (in their case, quota's permitting). I lost one only in the transfer.

But for what OP is talking about, no. There is no EP transfer, per se.

Apologies for not being clearer. I meant an existing ep holder joining a new company Vs a fresh ep application. I was wondering if the MOM already has the candidate details, will the EP process be sooner? If yes, what r the processing times like for people who have recently switched companies?

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3904
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby Wd40 » Sat, 08 Apr 2017 3:21 pm

No there is no correlation. It is possible that the 1st EP was quick and when you change company, MoM decides to do higher scrutiny and your EP approval gets delayed. Anything is possible in the current environment. Changing companies is a risk.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

optimist123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2017

Re: RE: Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby optimist123 » Sat, 08 Apr 2017 3:28 pm

Wd40 wrote:No there is no correlation. It is possible that the 1st EP was quick and when you change company, MoM decides to do higher scrutiny and your EP approval gets delayed. Anything is possible in the current environment. Changing companies is a risk.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Thx for the reply..

chetan509
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2017

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby chetan509 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:56 am

My Employment pass and dependent pass for my wife where filed on April 21st, 2017.
I got the job offer from one of the SG banks.

Just sharing my case here on this thread.
Last edited by chetan509 on Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3904
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:52 am

Unless Chetan is not your real name, you should remove the salary information. You could get into trouble soon with some people looking up your name in Linkedin​ and find out who you really are. Some very bad things have happened in the past to foreigners in Singapore for making some careless online posts.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

chetan509
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2017

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby chetan509 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:12 pm

Wd40 wrote:Unless Chetan is not your real name, you should remove the salary information. You could get into trouble soon with some people looking up your name in Linkedin​ and find out who you really are. Some very bad things have happened in the past to foreigners in Singapore for making some careless online posts.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk



Thanks I have edited my post.

aussieoioioi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 11 May 2017

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby aussieoioioi » Thu, 11 May 2017 5:08 pm

My employer applied for my EP in April, and after a month, the MOM asked for additional educational docs which I duly submitted (in addition to the initial education docs that I submitted at the time of application). This was in early May, and still have yet to hear from them. Will update you guys when I get news. Interested to hear updates from others here too.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 11 May 2017 8:29 pm

aussieoioioi wrote:My employer applied for my EP in April, and after a month, the MOM asked for additional educational docs which I duly submitted (in addition to the initial education docs that I submitted at the time of application). This was in early May, and still have yet to hear from them. Will update you guys when I get news. Interested to hear updates from others here too.

Hope and pray for good news !!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest