Singapore Expats

Singapore No. 1 yet again

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Singapore No. 1 yet again

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 11 Jul 2016 10:32 am

Seven countries – Finland, Switzerland, Sweden, Israel, Singapore, the Netherlands and the United States – are leading the world when it comes to generating economic impact from investments in information and communications technologies (ICT), according to the World Economic Forum’s Global Information Technology Report 2016.

It says that worldwide, nations’ capacity to innovate is increasing across the board, although few have been successful so far in translating these investments into meaningful economic or social impact. Singapore leads the report’s Networked Readiness Index (NRI).

On average, this group of seven high-achieving economies at the pinnacle of the report’s NRI economic impact pillar scores 33 percent higher than other advanced economies and 100 percent more than emerging and developing economies. The seven are all known for being early and enthusiastic adopters of ICT and their emergence is significant as it demonstrates that adoption of ICT – coupled with a supportive enabling environment characterized by sound regulation, quality infrastructure and ready skills supply among other factors – can pave the way to wider benefits.

read more....

http://www.thenextsiliconvalley.com/201 ... l-economy/
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

covesg

Re: Singapore No. 1 yet again

Post by covesg » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 3:42 pm

the cost of living here is pretty much #1 too haha

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 9:28 pm

covesg wrote:the cost of living here is pretty much #1 too haha
you want a cookie for being captain obvious? :roll:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:17 pm

Nah, he just woke up yesterday or crawled out from under his rock. :-/
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers