Singapore Expats

26M from California, New to SG and looking to really explore

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Palinedrome1

26M from California, New to SG and looking to really explore

Post by Palinedrome1 » Mon, 04 Jul 2016 10:30 pm

Hey everyone,

New to SG, and looking to meet similar people who might want to meet up. From California, generally interested in being active (surfed, biked,swim, play tennis), go to a lot of concerts, and back in the US camped a lot. Always down to check out something unique and dig into SG, and I'm always planning away my explorations outside of SG, whether that will be beach weekends, trips into Malaysia to check out their national parks, etc. If anyone is like minded would be great to meet up! I work the standard M-F. :D

gbluemn33

Re: 26M from California, New to SG and looking to really explore

Post by gbluemn33 » Wed, 06 Jul 2016 2:25 pm

Hey man,
I am 25 and new to SG by way of Minnesota. Also into being active-- back home I rock climbed, ran, biked, and played ice hockey (unfortunately I won't be doing that here... haha). I have only been in town for like a week or so now, and am still figuring things out, but if you'd like to grab a beer or something sometime let me know!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jul 2016 4:04 pm

Ahhhh, but you can play ice hockey here. Albeit, not quite like you were used to at home, but there is a Ice Rink at J Cube (shopping mall) in Jurong East (just near the bus terminal and Jurong East MRT station) - walking distance (5~7 minutes or less if you walk briskly). They have teams and a league of sorts I believe. It's still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick if you really need to heed the call of the ice. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

AurorKingsley

Post by AurorKingsley » Sun, 17 Jul 2016 12:27 am

Let's connect! Though my off-days are pretty erratic, I hope I can join you guys sometime. May it be the movies, visiting museums, outdoor activities, drinks or just chilling over coffee would be cool.

I'm pretty sure we can go along since we all came from the best generation ever. LOL