Singapore Expats Forum

Greetings from a Canadian /Filipina couple

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Justlooking4friends

Greetings from a Canadian /Filipina couple

Postby Justlooking4friends » Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:08 pm

Hello Expat Forum

My wife and I are keen to meet new people and make new friends here in Singapore.

Where can we find other mixed race couples like us for friendship ?

Thanks for your advice.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Greetings from a Canadian /Filipina couple

Postby JR8 » Wed, 29 Jun 2016 12:31 am

Hi JL4F and welcome to the forum. Both of those nationalities have established members here so I hope you feel at home.
'People being people' are shy about hooking up with strangers esp 1-1, [or 2-2]; safety in numbers etc. So I'd suggest hanging out here, participating on any topics you feel you can add to, and get a feel for it. You'll soon get a feel for the community, who is who, what people are up to and so on.
There are various informal groups that organise activities and meet-ups, they're usually pitched at various demographics, 20s, 30s, older gits [;] etc. Some of this activity seems IMPO to have been a little quieter of late but that might be due to the general reduction in the numbers of expats in SG.
But stick around, it won't take long for you to become a known/trusted member here, and then if needs be you can post a suggestion 'Anyone up for beers/curry/Mexican/live music/hiking [etc] Saturday?' and odds on you will get interest.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Justlooking4friends

Re: Greetings from a Canadian /Filipina couple

Postby Justlooking4friends » Wed, 29 Jun 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks JR8