Singapore Expats

EP Rejection Appeal

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Sachin123

EP Rejection Appeal

Post by Sachin123 » Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:01 pm

Hi,

My EP got rejected becuase my Company advertised wrongly on Jobs Bank.
Instead of posting a range of 6k-7k, they posted 6k-70k and MOM rejected it because of this.
Hr is telling that you should not worry as this is purely Admin case and they are appealing it.
They are saying MOM has not asked anything releated to my profile.
They have filed an appeal for this.
I wanted to know how much time the appeal process takes and can we check the appeal status online without asking the HR to check in EP online.

Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: EP Rejection Appeal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 29 Jun 2016 12:50 am

Sachin123 wrote: I wanted to know how much time the appeal process takes and can we check the appeal status online without asking the HR to check in EP online.

Thanks
Short reply : no, you can't know the status unless you have your Fin #, and no, you can't estimate how long the process takes .

Sachin123

Re: RE: EP Rejection Appeal

Post by Sachin123 » Wed, 29 Jun 2016 1:52 am

ecureilx wrote:
Sachin123 wrote: I wanted to know how much time the appeal process takes and can we check the appeal status online without asking the HR to check in EP online.

Thanks
Short reply : no, you can't know the status unless you have your Fin #, and no, you can't estimate how long the process takes .
Actually I already have my Fin no.
I am only changing my job in Singapore.
The status of my application from the application status via Employment Pass onlig(non-login) is still showing rejected.
Will this also include the appeal status. .
the appeal has been filed a week ago but it is still showing rejected.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP Rejection Appeal

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Jun 2016 8:04 am

That won't change unless the appeal is successful. The original is still rejected. It's not pending anything. You cannot check the status of the appeal per se. They will send you a letter advising you whether or not is was successful or circular filed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sachin123

Post by Sachin123 » Wed, 29 Jun 2016 11:02 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That won't change unless the appeal is successful. The original is still rejected. It's not pending anything. You cannot check the status of the appeal per se. They will send you a letter advising you whether or not is was successful or circular filed.
Thanks for providing me the info.
Any idea how much time an appeal takes.
MOM has mentioned that it will take atleast 3 weeks but my HR says it is generally for a profile issuee and my issuee should be resolved in 1-2 weeks.
Is it so ?

Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 29 Jun 2016 12:38 pm

Sachin123 wrote: Thanks for providing me the info.
Any idea how much time an appeal takes.
MOM has mentioned that it will take atleast 3 weeks but my HR says it is generally for a profile issuee and my issuee should be resolved in 1-2 weeks.
Is it so ?

Thanks
if you been reading other posts here, appeals may now go on for upto 4 weeks.

Do take some time and read up the various thoughts by other posters in this regards.

Sachin123

Post by Sachin123 » Mon, 18 Jul 2016 9:12 pm

Just wanted to give update if someone faced the same situation.

My HR said that they called MOM and got to know that there is no use of the appeal and they have to initiate a new EP after applying for job on MOM portal.
So after doing that and waiting for 15 days, they initiated a new EP and it got approved in 3 days.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 18 Jul 2016 9:57 pm

Sachin123 wrote:Just wanted to give update if someone faced the same situation.

My HR said that they called MOM and got to know that there is no use of the appeal and they have to initiate a new EP after applying for job on MOM portal.
So after doing that and waiting for 15 days, they initiated a new EP and it got approved in 3 days.
Nice to know new application works faster than appeal :)

Ah, by the way, during the 15 days, did your company interview any local candidate ? ;)

Sachin123

Post by Sachin123 » Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:17 pm

Yes they did and they turn out to be the same candidates who had applied for the job earlier too.(One with salary wrongly entered).
And they were not from the same technology.
My company had already highlighted to me that they will be interviewing but they had told me that getting a local for my position is very difficult.
So I was not worried that much.

abhinav4singapore

Post by abhinav4singapore » Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:14 am

Hello All,

Same situation is with me. My employer has also appealed and I am waiting for the update.

As per above posts , does it mean that there is no use of Appeal? Please help.

Thanks
Abhinav

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:43 am

Appeals are only good for situations where you left out something very material from your original application. Otherwise, you are wasting your time. (Been there, done that, when most of you were still in short pants). Material things like the fact that you neglected to mention you were promoted from a local role to a regional role (same position but encompassing, say, the whole Asean region. You title didn't change but the job scope increased dramatically. Or you forgot to include the MBA you just finished but forgot to list., etc. (or a 50% salary increase).

Unless you have something significant to add to the application in the appeal, it's basically an exercise in futility. It's better to wait a year and then reapply with a new application. Yeah, I know, you cannot flip an HDB flat for a profit if you have to wait another year. But that's the breaks. ICA is getting wise to that stuff so they can pretty much see through you. But if you are not planning that, then you only have your countrymen who came here before you, to blame for stuffing up the works with their quick buck scams.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

abhinav4singapore

Post by abhinav4singapore » Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:47 am

My Employer completely forgot to Post the job id corresponding to my job posting, thanks to the ADMIN GUIES.Rest things like Employee's ,Employer's profile and salary are completely ok.

Please suggest.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 13 Jul 2017 7:50 am

abhinav4singapore wrote:My Employer completely forgot to Post the job id corresponding to my job posting, thanks to the ADMIN GUIES.Rest things like Employee's ,Employer's profile and salary are completely ok.

Please suggest.
In other words, employer made this simple mistake in these tough times..

Wait!

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

abhinav4singapore

Post by abhinav4singapore » Fri, 14 Jul 2017 2:13 pm

What could be the waiting time? As I have already left two job offers for this opportunity and waiting job is really painful.

Please suggest.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 14 Jul 2017 2:28 pm

abhinav4singapore wrote:What could be the waiting time? As I have already left two job offers for this opportunity and waiting job is really painful.

Please suggest.

Sorry to sound terrible, wait for 4 months ?? :( :(

In other words, nobody knows ..