Singapore Expats

Can Malaysian enter Singapore again if short visit pass of 60 days expired?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
cfs5403

Can Malaysian enter Singapore again if short visit pass of 60 days expired?

Post by cfs5403 » Fri, 24 Jun 2016 4:59 pm

I'm looking a job at Singapore and my short term visit pass 60 days will expired on this Sunday. However, I have a second time interview for one of the position that I have applied on next Wednesday. Let say I go out Singapore to Johor on Sunday. can I enter Singapore again next Wednesday. This interview really important to me as I have high chances to be hired. What should I do? Thank you.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Can Malaysian enter Singapore again if short visit pass of 60 days expired?

Post by bgd » Fri, 24 Jun 2016 5:28 pm

Yes. You need to leave before your pass expires. Coming back shouldn't be an issue but you may not get 60 days for your new pass, depending on your visit record.

cfs5403

Post by cfs5403 » Fri, 24 Jun 2016 6:42 pm

bgd wrote:Yes. You need to leave before your pass expires. Coming back shouldn't be an issue but you may not get 60 days for your new pass, depending on your visit record.
So how long should I stay at Johor before re-entering? Thank you.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 24 Jun 2016 8:58 pm

Not sure, but have you tried applying for an online SVP extension? If possible it'd be far less hassle than the clear to see fact a few days in JB is just 'border-running' to try and get a renewed SVP.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 8:33 am

"As long as possible" is the correct answer if you're going to attempt a "visa run."

cfs5403

Post by cfs5403 » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 6:36 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:"As long as possible" is the correct answer if you're going to attempt a "visa run."
Today I try to go out and re-enter. He only allow me for 2 days, so I forced to out since I need the balance day for Wednesday interview, the people told me if I go out today then I will only left one day... Anyone know how long should I stay at Jb before can re-enter Singapore?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 6:41 pm

If immigration only gave you two days the last time, you may well not be allowed back in when you are forced to leave. You see? You try to con the system, they are wise to it. It may well be 6 months or more before you are allowed back in. Hope you took your clothes and belonging with you.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cfs5403

Post by cfs5403 » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 6:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If immigration only gave you two days the last time, you may well not be allowed back in when you are forced to leave. You see? You try to con the system, they are wise to it. It may well be 6 months or more before you are allowed back in. Hope you took your clothes and belonging with you.
Are you sure 6 months? How about visa run, how to do that?

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 11:30 pm

cfs5403 wrote:Today I try to go out and re-enter.
So why did you ask how long to stay out if you weren't even going to take the advice given?
How about visa run, how to do that?
You already attempted a "visa run," badly, and failed.

KLK

Re-enter SG

Post by KLK » Sun, 28 Aug 2016 2:37 am

(Need advise) from Malaysia..within this 2months already in out SG already 3-4times... last immigration just give 2days stay only....then leave on last day given and I also apply as lorry driver (yellow card) chop at passport to daily drive lorry in out for delivery from JB to Singapore on that day too, but on this chop got remain 30days stay...then I already got drive lorry in SG for delivery.....possibly I still can re-enter SG by by bus with the White card?