Singapore Expats

Finding Finance Jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
cheddi

Finding Finance Jobs in Singapore

Post by cheddi » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 8:48 pm

I am looking for Finance Jobs in Singapore.
Nationality - Indian
Qualifications - MBA, (Phd - UK (discontinued), MS in Finance - US
Work Experience - Corporate Finance in Investment Banking & an University in US for over 2 years
Worked in a Boutique Investment Bank with Private Equity & Hedge Fund clients on buyouts, Recapitalisations, M&A.
With University on Investments,streamlining of assets ( mostly Real Estate & investments)
Corporate Finance, Financial Analysis & Planning, Investments in India for over 6 Years with 2 to 3 Small to Medium Size organisations. Financing Expansion, Budgeting,Financial Planning & Analysis of divisions, their performance evaluation e.t.c
Quite interesting work initially but became routine, need to be close to aging parents for frequent visits while also progressing my career.
My questions are
1) My opportunity set i.e what kind of jobs & organisations would be good fit i.e what i should look for. and the Current outlook on job prospects
2) What salary can I expect at minimum for my experience, skills & qualification.
3) In general what is & what is not included in salary i.e medical insurance, bonuses e.t.c

Thank you. :) O:)
Last edited by cheddi on Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Finance jobs

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:03 pm

All depends on what YOU bring to the negotiating table as compared to the other candidates.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cheddi

Re: Finding Finance Jobs in Singapore

Post by cheddi » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:24 pm

Thank You for the reply,
What i bring to the table is Experience with PE, Real Estate Investment, Credit Analysis as I

Did the work of Financial Analyst, Credit Analyst, Financial Planning Analysis, Investment Planning, and Investments. My experience is quiet broad as those organisations were small to medium size and growing had to don a lot of hats. (one of the reasons I took those jobs is for that kind of experience and learning)

Sourcing & structuring funds for Acquisitions, Due diligence, Analyzing businesses, Valuing Real Estate properties for Purchases & also Funding ( i.e) credit extension, making buying or leasing decisions.

More precisely, experience across the spectrum of financial roles in an organisation except for treasury
operations. Gr8 educational qualifications, as those are from one of the top 100 business schools of the respective countries

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 21 Jun 2016 4:28 am

You're one of thousands with similar skills. The answer you'll get here is the same as any salary survey... a range and an average. Check some of the salary surveys for Singapore.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 21 Jun 2016 7:02 am

He is not like the thousands. For the first time I see somebody advertising discontinued PhD as an asset.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Jun 2016 8:56 am

:lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers