EP / S PASS QUOTA

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Siv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 4:37 am

EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by Siv » Thu, 16 Jun 2016 8:55 am

Quick question.

If a local company has 2 local employees, and then they hire another 2 foreigners on EP, will they run into any issues if they wanted to employ another foreigner on S Pass ?

How does the quota thing work exactly ?

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 16 Jun 2016 10:05 am

Siv wrote:Quick question.

If a local company has 2 local employees, and then they hire another 2 foreigners on EP, will they run into any issues if they wanted to employ another foreigner on S Pass ?

How does the quota thing work exactly ?
From the MOM page I am pretty sure it states how many SPass per Sing/PR.

EP have no quota.

2 local will not allow the hiring of SPass , at least it shouldn't but you never know!
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38719
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Jun 2016 10:44 am

It also depends on what industry.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Siv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 4:37 am

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by Siv » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 8:36 am

Thanks, guys. Sorry, I didn't realize that MOM webpage had all the information, including a quota calculator ! My bad.

But yeah, basically my boss wanted to check on that, and asked me whether I knew what the deal was with quotas etc. He also was suspect of one of the candidates we were going to hire as the said candidate claimed he was on S Pass, yet his salary in previous company was 3400.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38719
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 10:29 am

I know S pass holders who make in excess of 5K/mo. Just because one's salary is listed as being in excess of the minimum required for an EP doesn't mean they will be given an EP automatically. That is why there is a tick box on the application form indicating that you would like to also be considered for an S pass if the EP is determined to be unsuccessful. The following from MOM site regarding S Passes:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ly-members
Passes for family members

Pass holders who have a fixed monthly salary of at least $5,000, are eligible for a Dependant's Pass for their spouse and children.

From 1 September 2015, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $5,000 to enjoy dependant privileges. Read the FAQ.
Employers can submit the application together with the S Pass application or separately at a later date.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Siv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 4:37 am

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by Siv » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 11:10 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I know S pass holders who make in excess of 5K/mo. Just because one's salary is listed as being in excess of the minimum required for an EP doesn't mean they will be given an EP automatically. That is why there is a tick box on the application form indicating that you would like to also be considered for an S pass if the EP is determined to be unsuccessful. The following from MOM site regarding S Passes:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ly-members
Passes for family members

Pass holders who have a fixed monthly salary of at least $5,000, are eligible for a Dependant's Pass for their spouse and children.

From 1 September 2015, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $5,000 to enjoy dependant privileges. Read the FAQ.
Employers can submit the application together with the S Pass application or separately at a later date.
Ok, got it SMS.

Here's what I don't understand, though. Why would a company pay monthly levy (which again, isn't small money) when they know the staff now has crossed the salary threshold to qualify for an EP ?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3560
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 11:35 am

Siv wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I know S pass holders who make in excess of 5K/mo. Just because one's salary is listed as being in excess of the minimum required for an EP doesn't mean they will be given an EP automatically. That is why there is a tick box on the application form indicating that you would like to also be considered for an S pass if the EP is determined to be unsuccessful. The following from MOM site regarding S Passes:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ly-members
Passes for family members

Pass holders who have a fixed monthly salary of at least $5,000, are eligible for a Dependant's Pass for their spouse and children.

From 1 September 2015, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $5,000 to enjoy dependant privileges. Read the FAQ.
Employers can submit the application together with the S Pass application or separately at a later date.
Ok, got it SMS.

Here's what I don't understand, though. Why would a company pay monthly levy (which again, isn't small money) when they know the staff now has crossed the salary threshold to qualify for an EP ?

Qualify for an EP does not mean that EP is guaranteed.

Next, Whether the candidate is to be given an EP or S Pass is decided by the MOM and not by the Employer. The Employer can just make an request, the decision is with MOM.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38719
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 11:56 am

^^^^This.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Siv
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 4:37 am

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by Siv » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 12:07 pm

Roger that ! Thanks guys

Cheers

Techgal_786123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:37 pm

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by Techgal_786123 » Mon, 31 May 2021 10:07 am

Hello Everyone

Looking for input regarding EP renewal. The company falls under Services category. Total employees are 14 of which two are EP holders. Will it impact EP renewal?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3560
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 31 May 2021 10:55 am

Techgal_786123 wrote:
Mon, 31 May 2021 10:07 am
Hello Everyone

Looking for input regarding EP renewal. The company falls under Services category. Total employees are 14 of which two are EP holders. Will it impact EP renewal?
Should be OK. please dont post the same message in multiple threads. thanks

Techgal_786123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:37 pm

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by Techgal_786123 » Mon, 31 May 2021 12:03 pm

Thank you ! I realised my mistake but unfortunately couldn’t find the option to delete my message from the other thread.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3560
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 31 May 2021 12:09 pm

Techgal_786123 wrote:
Mon, 31 May 2021 12:03 pm
Thank you ! I realised my mistake but unfortunately couldn’t find the option to delete my message from the other thread.
Ill do it now

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38719
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 31 May 2021 12:23 pm

SF, when I read you post originally, I deleted the other thread. ;-)
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Techgal_786123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:37 pm

Re: EP / S PASS QUOTA

Post by Techgal_786123 » Mon, 31 May 2021 12:34 pm

Thank you so much. 😊I was embarrassed to spam the forum. And thanks for responding to my query. I was a bit nervous reading about the quota in different thread.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests