Singapore Expats

I got FIN number in SOLAR but my status is still showing Receiving Attention

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zwehtatnaing

Re: I got FIN number in SOLAR but my status is still showing Receiving Attention

Post by zwehtatnaing » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:32 pm

Yap they should have but I don' know. Its because of I got rejected last december and I didn't give appeal letter for it? huuuu I really hate this..

Kylie87

Re: I got FIN number in SOLAR but my status is still showing Receiving Attention

Post by Kylie87 » Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:52 pm

Does anyone know which number to dial/buttons to press to be able to reach a representative when calling ICA?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: I got FIN number in SOLAR but my status is still showing Receiving Attention

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 30 Jul 2016 2:27 am

Kylie87 wrote:Does anyone know which number to dial/buttons to press to be able to reach a representative when calling ICA?
If and when you reach somebody they will say "your application is receiving attention.... "

Hang in there ...

Kylie87

Post by Kylie87 » Sat, 30 Jul 2016 2:56 am

Thank you! Mine has been receiving attention for 3 weeks... Is that normal? I'm an American MBA student here to study abroad at NUS for 1 semester.

Kylie87

Re: RE: Re: I got FIN number in SOLAR but my status is still showing Receiving Attention

Post by Kylie87 » Sat, 30 Jul 2016 2:57 am

ecureilx wrote:
Kylie87 wrote:Does anyone know which number to dial/buttons to press to be able to reach a representative when calling ICA?
If and when you reach somebody they will say "your application is receiving attention.... "

Hang in there ...

Thank you! Mine has been receiving attention for 3 weeks... Is that normal? I'm an American MBA student here to study abroad at NUS for 1 semester.

patrickcharm

Post by patrickcharm » Sat, 30 Jul 2016 7:52 am

There is a number to call to ICA office, and it is stated in your In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter. My fiancee's VISA took about almost 3 and a half week. I called up to ICA twice. 1st time, they mentioned that it is due to peak period (between Jul to Aug). 2nd time was a bit hostile, the lady said and I quote "Please don't be calling as this will not make things goes faster". They do not give any explanation for why it is taking long. It was quite unprofessional what the ICA lady office has responded to me, but well, hey, what can we do? So keep waiting and good luck.

Kylie87

Post by Kylie87 » Sat, 30 Jul 2016 10:16 am

But would you happen to have that number? I haven't yet received my IPA letter.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Jul 2016 12:17 pm

Kylie87 wrote:But would you happen to have that number? I haven't yet received my IPA letter.
Which part of his response didn't you understand.....

"1st time, they mentioned that it is due to peak period (between Jul to Aug). 2nd time was a bit hostile, the lady said and I quote "Please don't be calling as this will not make things goes faster"." :???: :roll: ](*,)

Having a FIN number only means it's in the system. It doesn't mean it's pending approval or disapproval. It doesn't mean you are going to get the IPA.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 30 Jul 2016 1:01 pm

patrickcharm wrote: 2nd time was a bit hostile, the lady said and I quote "Please don't be calling as this will not make things goes faster". They do not give any explanation for why it is taking long..
Errr.. give explanation? Like ???? You didn't know how Singapore ICA or MOM works ? You apply and wait for approval or rejection.

And why call when the online enquiry shows the status ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 30 Jul 2016 1:02 pm

Kylie87 wrote:But would you happen to have that number? I haven't yet received my IPA letter.
Was your application successful?