Singapore Expats

I got FIN number in SOLAR but my status is still showing Receiving Attention

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zwehtatnaing

I got FIN number in SOLAR but my status is still showing Receiving Attention

Post by zwehtatnaing » Wed, 15 Jun 2016 7:25 pm

Hi guys, I've enrolled to NUS ISS program for August Intake. I've submitted eForm16 at 7/6/2016. Two of my friends are already get IPA letter but my status is still like this. How long does it take to complete? My school will open in July 13, I worry for I can't be on time.

kala827

Re: I got FIN number in SOLAR but my status is still showing Receiving Attention

Post by kala827 » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:02 am

Has your application been approved yet? I am in the same situation, has been waiting since 1/6

zwehtatnaing

Re: I got FIN number in SOLAR but my status is still showing Receiving Attention

Post by zwehtatnaing » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:22 am

I've not been approve yet, but ICA mail me to send them form14 and v39I then they will process the STP. May be because I got refused to enter into Singapore. But status is still Receiving Attention...

patrickcharm

Post by patrickcharm » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:06 pm

My fiancee has submitted the application on 8th Jun '16, but so far, it's currently showing as "Receiving Attention". She has been given refused to Entry into Singapore last year, but we have already submitted the appeal letter, and she got the approval to enter again.

However, the SOLAR application status is still "Receiving Attention". I called to ICA office to inquire, as her matriculation is next week, and according to NTU, she needs to do the medical check up 5 working days before the matriculation. I called ICA to explain, but the only response I get from ICA is "Stop calling, as this is the peek period and it will be delayed. We know the matriculation date and you will get it when you get it". I mentioned to that ICA officer that it will be problem for matriculation, but she doesn't response to that part. She just keep insisting to wait. My fiancee is from Philippine and she is studying for master degree, and she does not need VISA. So it should be just 5 working days only, however, it has been more than 13 days now. ICA is not helpful at all, leave us no choice but wait. It will be a problem when she get the approval, but it's already late for NTU matriculation.

patrickcharm

Post by patrickcharm » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:07 pm

ZweHtatNaing and Kala827, have you guys received the approval status?

zwehtatnaing

Post by zwehtatnaing » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:11 pm

I got rejeced but ICA said I can make appeal letter and they request Bank Statement, My Certificate and Finicial Properties Ownership. They said I left to submit Bank Statement when I applied STP. But I think they never ask for this...

patrickcharm

Post by patrickcharm » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:16 pm

Surprising, because when my fiancee applied for Student Pass on SOLAR website, there is no place of submission which asked for Bank Statement or Financial property Ownership. She was only asked to submit eform 16, but nowhere it asked for Bank Statement or Financial Property.

zwehtatnaing

Post by zwehtatnaing » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:18 pm

Yap, the guys from ICA not help full at all. I wonder that they make decision so easily on what is belonging to their life. Don't they know hummunity? I really not understand.. Even we have no criminal records, have enough money and healthy..

patrickcharm

Post by patrickcharm » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:22 pm

Did you apply for Bachelor degree or Master degree?

zwehtatnaing

Post by zwehtatnaing » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:23 pm

I also surprising, why they ask me for my appeal letter. I don't know but I left this only hope to approve. So I just follow what they said. Do u guys any suggestion? And ICA also tell me that even u got Degree form University of Greenwich, why u still want to attend NUS? I have no idea at all..

zwehtatnaing

Post by zwehtatnaing » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:25 pm

I apply postgraduated program ISS, its Diploma courses.

patrickcharm

Post by patrickcharm » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:26 pm

I think if you already have Bachelor Degree and you are going for another Bachelor Degree, they might have some questions. Did you apply Bachelor Degree or master degree at NUS?

patrickcharm

Post by patrickcharm » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:27 pm

oh...it's a post graduate diploma. They should have given you the approval. Not sure why they did that.

zwehtatnaing

Post by zwehtatnaing » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:29 pm

Just Diploma Course, dude.. it take 7 month for class and 5 month for internship.

patrickcharm

Post by patrickcharm » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:31 pm

Well...all the best luck for your appeal letter, buddy. Put all the documents and give them plenty.