Singapore Expats

EP pass is in Pending status since 4 weeks.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
shiv1408

Re: EP pass is in Pending status since 4 weeks.

Post by shiv1408 » Fri, 18 Nov 2016 2:43 pm

Hi Friends,

Any one who has recently got approved fresh EP?
Hearing good news from others, actually boost the moral.

Also if someone know how many different "Status" an EP has to go through before approval.

Thanks

subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Post by subashgk007 » Sun, 27 Nov 2016 11:00 pm

Yes, EP approvals have started moving. Approval rate depends on company/ employment agency who applies for it. And yes, my EP got approved after 4 months.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shiv1408

Post by shiv1408 » Mon, 28 Nov 2016 12:03 am

Thanks Subhash for positive news and congrats for the approval of your EP.
Such news gives lot of motivation.
Lets hope for the best.

hexrot

Post by hexrot » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 11:04 am

I'm disgusted by the answers posted in this thread by "Sundaymorningstaple" and "Strong Eagle". The two of you do not seem to have even the slightest amount of respect or empathy.

1) Why people are asking how long it takes
If "Sundaymorningstaple" or "Strong Eagle" would have some expertise in statistics, they would know that it makes sense to ask other people how long it took. That way, you can come up with a distribution and gauge whether you are around average or significantly above it, for example.

2) Your Racism is inappropriate
Comments like
Now you don't get in until in country (your home country) vetting is done. That used to be done after you got your pass and started working. Now, because of your countrymen and their penchant for counterfiet documents or bogus degrees, everybody who follows pay for it. Be sure to thank them, ya hear?
or
Scheesh! Another one! How many of these do they have in that country? 1.3 billion?
by "Sundaymorningstaple", as well as comments as
What's the point, ya muttonhead?
from "Strong Eagle" are inappropriate and unacceptable. The people from the country you are referring to are humans too, like you and I, and do not deserve to be treated any differently. Who do you think maintains all the gardens in Singapore, maintains the MRT or constructs all the buildings when you guys are sleeping? Besides, they all pay taxes, higher taxes than you pay (relatively), and speak English far more proficient than Singaporeans do. Frankly speaking, without foreigners, from whatever country, Singapore would not be what it is today. If the unemployment rate spikes, it could either be that the government is not protecting its own workforce enough, but it could also be that the country's own workforce simply lacks talent.

Hex

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 11:40 am

hexrot wrote:I'm disgusted by the answers posted in this thread by "Sundaymorningstaple" and "Strong Eagle". The two of you do not seem to have even the slightest amount of respect or empathy.
Cry me a river, good buddy. That's a big 10-4.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:28 pm

Hex,

If you have been here as long as we have and have seen what your countrymen have done here by constantly trying to game the system and the governments subsequent crackdown on subcontinentals coming here you would understand why we say what we say. Not the labourers - they are trying to earn an honest living - not trying to always game the system if they can find a way like you educated types (so-called).

I don't "give" respect. You have to earn respect. Sorry. Empathy? For what? People who are trying to game the system and eventually making even harder for all those who follow? You are a victim of your own countrymen who came before you, truth be known. When you have been around as long as SE and myself, maybe you will understand why we are upfront and in your face.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LG4god

Post by LG4god » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 16 Jun 2016 7:43 pm
codejamster wrote:Now I know reason for foreigners being hired...to work in Singapore... :D ..
Any folks still waiting for epass decision since 3-4 weeks...
And why might that be? Be careful, you might just end up with .....

Image & Image

The country doesn't need you. The company only thinks they need you because you work cheaper. The country is trying to make it harder and harder to hire foreigners deliberately. And, anymore, I can't say as I blame them.
That's why 50% are from outside. Don't put negative comments.

LG4god

Post by LG4god » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 12:20 am

codejamster wrote:
Wed, 15 Jun 2016 5:14 pm
Hi,
I am having 6yrs exp in IT.and offered opportunity in Singapore with 9000sgd.

The company raised EP application in may, but still it's showing in Pending status.
When I talk to the HR, they said delay is happening for all EP applications due to stringent rules now.
I have heard and even MOM site mentions EP approval usually comes in 7 days.
Can anyone throw some light ?
Appreciate your response.
Please don't mention your salary.

hellofriday

Post by hellofriday » Thu, 13 Aug 2020 4:02 pm

EP applied on 10th Aug.
Still pending.