Singapore Expats

EP pass is in Pending status since 4 weeks.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
x9200

Re: EP pass is in Pending status since 4 weeks.

Post by x9200 » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 9:55 am

I think let him be and just publish his reports. I think MOM/ICA may be interested in somebody applying for EP and not hesitating to provide false statements to achieve private goals. Yes dear expat89, the members of these two agencies are known to visit this site from time to time. Gosh, hope such person will not became another FT. There is enough of bad sentiments towards foreigners because of such individuals.

codejamster

Post by codejamster » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 4:36 pm

x9200 wrote:I think let him be and just publish his reports. I think MOM/ICA may be interested in somebody applying for EP and not hesitating to provide false statements to achieve private goals. Yes dear expat89, the members of these two agencies are known to visit this site from time to time. Gosh, hope such person will not became another FT. There is enough of bad sentiments towards foreigners because of such individuals.
I hope MOM officials visit these forums and take action accordingly.
Ppl are without job waiting for more than a month to get EP approved post verification.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 4:57 pm

You speak like the SG gov owes you a quick path to the passes. They owe you nothing. Don't like it their way, nobody forces you to look for a job in SG.

AFAWK, such delays happen if the people in concern are from the countries known for multiple attempts to cheat or otherwise abuse the system. You may thank your countrymen for that. You very likely have a good candidate supporting you in this very thread.

Oh, and another piece of bad news (where relevant), even with the pass approved, it does not necessarily mean the vetting is finished, so if anything is falsified, it still may surface later.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 6:33 pm

In fact, a couple of years ago (maybe three or four) before the current MOM site layout revamp, Singaporeexpats.com was listed at least two times for more information in various areas (schooling being one).

Additionally, through the forum one of the directors of MOM actually joined the forum just to get enough posts to activate his PM function just so he could send me an SMS introducing himself and his position and the reason for the PM. He was requesting if I might be available for a short interview with him and a couple of his colleagues regarding MOM processes.

I went down there on an early 08:30 appointment, met him and his colleagues, and we adjourned offsite (Havelock Rd Office before the new buiding was finished) to the Apollo next door to a small cafe on the ground floor and what was supposed to be a quick 30 minute interview/discussion turned into the entire morning till 11:30.

The discussion? He told me that MOM often checked into our forum to see what kinds of questions were being asked, and what kind of answers we deliver. He was impressed because we never ever try to blow smoke up an applicants arse but tell them, as close as we know, the straight skinny. He said MOM has been reading our site for several years and me that we were very competant and were very consistent. The purpose of the meeting? He wanted my input as to how MOM could speed up the Appeals processes. But when we finished there, the vibes were good and we kept going on and on over a lot of stuff. We are well thought of at MOM.

As a result of that meeting, I was also invited by MediaCorp to be on a televised panel discussion regarding PR here in Singapore on one episode as well. So, our new so-called ft wannabe's, diss us or disbelieve us at your own peril.

sms/moderator
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

codejamster

Post by codejamster » Sun, 26 Jun 2016 10:52 am

I am from Pakistan have completed engg.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 26 Jun 2016 11:24 am

expat89 wrote:
codejamster wrote:Hi,
I am having 10yrs exp in IT.and offered opportunity in Singapore with 9000sgd.
I have engineering degree.
The company raised EP application in may, but still it's showing in Pending status.
When I talk to the HR, they said delay is happening for all EP applications due to stringent rules now.
I have heard and even MOM site mentions EP approval usually comes in 7 days.
Can anyone throw some light ?
Appreciate your response.
codejamster wrote:Hi,
I am having 6yrs exp in IT.and offered opportunity in Singapore with 9000sgd.

The company raised EP application in may, but still it's showing in Pending status.
When I talk to the HR, they said delay is happening for all EP applications due to stringent rules now.
I have heard and even MOM site mentions EP approval usually comes in 7 days.
Can anyone throw some light ?
Appreciate your response.
OP, did you just edit your years of work experience? So are you on 10 yrs or 6 yrs? You got to be truthful mate. If you can't even do it in this forum, then I believe there is no reason why the govt authorities should believe you are providing them with accurate information.

Just my 2 cents worth.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jun 2016 2:02 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
expat89 wrote:
codejamster wrote:....
codejamster wrote:.....
OP, did you just edit your years of work experience? So are you on 10 yrs or 6 yrs? You got to be truthful mate. If you can't even do it in this forum, then I believe there is no reason why the govt authorities should believe you are providing them with accurate information.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Yeah, his knight in brown armour, expat89, outed him by quoting him. The worst part is codejamster just had his code jamed up where the sun don't shine. Had his original post been 9 years he might have blamed it on being dyslexic or a transposed number. but from 10 to 6. Sounds like an outright liar to me. Hopefully, there is enough data there that MOM has pegged the individual and will reject this piece of garbage well and truly. It's people like this that we are always referring to. These are the ones that screw their fellow countrymen who will follow. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if expat89 and codejamster are one and the same, but he found out that he was screwed because we locked arsehat89's account so he couldn't edit the quoted initial post. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

codejamster

Post by codejamster » Sun, 26 Jun 2016 2:51 pm

Well i dont think any body here post very true info (look at your usernames..including me..:) ) as this is not a registered portal to get EP...and just a forum to reach to folks....who can guide and not abuse others nation..i am from Pakistan....with XYZ yrs of exp...where XYZ really doesnt matter, but still for all XYZ=6.
The essence of this thread is "EP is Pending for more than 1 month...."...Well thats the truth....

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 26 Jun 2016 3:15 pm

codejamster wrote:Well i dont think any body here post very true info (look at your usernames..including me..:) ) as this is not a registered portal to get EP...and just a forum to reach to folks....who can guide and not abuse others nation..i am from Pakistan....with X yrs of exp.
The essence of this thread is "EP is Pending for more than 1 month...."...Well thats the truth....
:???: :???:
Yeah, sure. Going by your logic, you should have started this thread with "EP is pending for more than X weeks", and not state the actual number of weeks/months. When you ask for others who are having pending EP applications to post, are you expecting them to reply to this thread by stating their waiting time of Y weeks or applied on 1X/0X/201X. Maybe you could write a code to decipher all the responses in X and Y. ](*,)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 26 Jun 2016 4:31 pm

Is it about possible discrepancies between what was included in the EP application vs, posted in here?

(after it was pointed out that the MOM/ICA guys may visit these pages?)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jun 2016 5:57 pm

Valid point, x92, considering it followed my moderator post.

vinayknr

Post by vinayknr » Fri, 01 Jul 2016 4:29 pm

Hi ,
I am from India and my EP application is in 7th week pending status.

Employer told few applications are even crossing 9 weeks for approval.

Let us post updates we are getting from employer or media so for others it may be helpful

Thanks
Vinay

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jul 2016 8:09 pm

It won't be helpful. It hasn't help one bloody soul here for the past 12 years, what makes you think that it will help now? :roll:

Scheesh! Another one! How many of these do they have in that country? 1.3 billion? ](*,)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 01 Jul 2016 8:16 pm

I am getting no updates from my employer regarding my EP for already 8 years, should I be concerned? Please, all us in similar situation do here post so it may be helpful. Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jul 2016 9:32 pm

Well, considering YOUR employer, I reckon you don't have any need to worry.

:-P :devil: