Singapore Expats

General Licensing fee costs?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
KimHartley24

General Licensing fee costs?

Post by KimHartley24 » Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:31 am

Hello!

We just got notice that we're going to be moving to Singapore in as little as 3 months.

At the same time as this surprise I've been making a huge effort to secure two angora bunnies with the attention of raising them for spinning hand-painted yarn and breeding for show.

With just one litter I can potentially go over the legal limit for pets in a detached domicile. (The max is 10, I believe? Rabbits can produce as many as 18 kits in one litter, though that high is rare.) I know I need to secure a petshop license to be able to have more than 10 animals, which means registering a business first, all these things meaning there will be inspections, documents, this and that-- can anyone give me an approximate estimate to how much this process costs a typical small (teeny tiny) business owner? I'm no corporation, just a beginning breeder and artisan yarn spinner and all the things I've read have still confused me. I'm trying to work with my husband to develop a budget for a "small business loan" to take from our cushion, that's why I want to know now how much it will cost after we move.

Thanks for any and all help. :)