Singapore Expats

Does the Customs Offence affect my PR application or S Pass renewal request?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
emjacky

Re: Does the Customs Offence affect my PR application or S Pass renewal request?

Post by emjacky » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 2:09 pm

I think I will select yes and attach the receipt of the customs offence summary upon thePR application. I am afraid that this case will also cause my employment renewal request failure next year if my PR application got rejected this time... anyway it was my own fault

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: Does the Customs Offence affect my PR application or S Pass renewal request?

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 3:25 pm

ICA knows about the incident already, and you're applying to the same agency for PR. I can't think of any downside in disclosing what ICA surely already knows, but there's possible harm if you don't.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 3:42 pm

Actually thinking a bit, asking ICA about this specific point may only result with the given answer. There is no way it could be any different and for at least two reasons - failure to rely on the applicant's judgement and desire to collect any relevant information. It translates to: let's us judge if this is relevant.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Does the Customs Offence affect my PR application or S Pass renewal request?

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 4:30 pm

emjacky wrote:
x9200 wrote:I would select No if it was me, but again, you have doubt, call ICA, your risk nothing calling them and asking.
Just called the ICA CALL CENTER, they advised to select Yes and provide an explanation letter...Image

lovely, so I was correct after all :D

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 5:05 pm

Yes Ecu, you were right, but it doesn't mean PNGMK or me were wrong.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 5:10 pm

x9200 wrote:Yes Ecu, you were right, but it doesn't mean PNGMK or me were wrong.
:D No, no .. I didn't say you guys were wrong.

After all my suggestion was to be prepared for such eventuality ;)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 5:14 pm

One thing is pretty certain, once the question is asked and the answer received, the risk associated with declaring "No" in some doubtful cases increases by at least one order of magnitude.

emjacky

Re: RE: Re: Does the Customs Offence affect my PR application or S Pass renewal request?

Post by emjacky » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 6:33 pm

x9200 wrote:One thing is pretty certain, once the question is asked and the answer received, the risk associated with declaring "No" in some doubtful cases increases by at least one order of magnitude.
bad news...God bless all..

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 10 Jun 2016 9:15 pm

x9200 wrote:One thing is pretty certain, once the question is asked and the answer received, the risk associated with declaring "No" in some doubtful cases increases by at least one order of magnitude.
Exactly. Well put.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

lizhi1989

Post by lizhi1989 » Sat, 31 Mar 2018 9:39 pm

emjacky wrote:
bad news...God bless all..

How is your PR application/S Pass Renewal?
Does it affect?