Singapore Expats

EP Processing Time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
goldgoldstars

Re: EP Processing Time

Post by goldgoldstars » Wed, 21 Jun 2017 9:40 pm

alisterchh wrote:I am a Malaysian Chinese. EP submitted since 9-June.
I meant work background sir/madams. Years of exp etc etc?

According to my knowledge after reading loads of postings, Malaysian Chinese would get an EP approval easily. But not sure.

May I know what's the current status of your application?

alisterchh

Post by alisterchh » Wed, 21 Jun 2017 9:47 pm

I am having 16 years experience. However going to be contracted via a consultancy, and work for a local bank in SG.

goldgoldstars

Post by goldgoldstars » Wed, 21 Jun 2017 9:50 pm

alisterchh wrote:I am having 16 years experience. However going to be contracted via a consultancy, and work for a local bank in SG.
Someone pls do correct me if I am wrong. However, I remember Strong Eagle (I suppose in this very thread) mentioned about loads of people who got offer to work for body shop company and wait and wait and wait.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 21 Jun 2017 10:14 pm

goldgoldstars wrote:
alisterchh wrote:I am having 16 years experience. However going to be contracted via a consultancy, and work for a local bank in SG.
Someone pls do correct me if I am wrong. However, I remember Strong Eagle (I suppose in this very thread) mentioned about loads of people who got offer to work for body shop company and wait and wait and wait.
It's not only me. Think about it. With body shops, the MNC's (and the banks, in particular, it seems) avoid making a commitment to permanent staff. And with no commitment to permanent staff, and apparently a very poor body shopping industry that hires Singaporeans, there are no jobs for all those PMET's trying to work their way up the ladder.

The solution? Squeeze the MNC's into creating more permanent positions by denying EP's to the body shops.

I am sure there are still some body shop EP's being granted, depending upon the nature of the work but if I were alisterchh, I'd come up with a plan B, just in case.

goldgoldstars

Post by goldgoldstars » Wed, 21 Jun 2017 10:45 pm

Hi Strong Eagle,

Is it a bad thing to check your status on the EPOnline (Non-Login) like 2 times a day?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 21 Jun 2017 11:09 pm

goldgoldstars wrote:Hi Strong Eagle,

Is it a bad thing to check your status on the EPOnline (Non-Login) like 2 times a day?
No.

goldgoldstars

Post by goldgoldstars » Wed, 21 Jun 2017 11:14 pm

Thank you Ecureilx!