Singapore Expats

Need help with LTVP (and SVP related)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
skyjuice

Need help with LTVP (and SVP related)

Post by skyjuice » Mon, 06 Jun 2016 10:56 pm

Hi All,

Not very sure how to put it but Google search has led me to find this forum and hopefully I can get some advice on procedures. :)

My wife & I had done the pre-assessment prior to marriage (as I was recommended.) About 2 weeks later, I got an email and a day after a thick envelope stating that it was Approved. I was also given a reference code to key in for the actual LTVP/LTVP+ application. That was in March.

We went ahead with marriage preparations and ROMed in Apr. :D

Fast forward to May last month where we had our customary celebrations. I had also submitted the LTVP application in May (yes, I could have done it earlier but customary preparations got the better of me and realization came too late.) [-o<

The online LTVP application came with additional steps as an option to extend her SVP (short term Visit pass?), obviously the system noted that the results may come after so I believe it also allowed me to extend at the same time with the LTVP application. (details like DE card# and usual dates are inputed..)

Now I've checked my LTVP application over at ICA and here are the results (just got this last Fri.) with email as follows:

1) Your application for extension of your Visit pass (short term) is not successful.
2) You shall be notified of your application for visit pass (long term) via email.

Further status update over at ICA website reads as : SVP is rejected. LTVP is receiving attention.

Now I do not know when the results will be released ( I was told it could be 4-5 WKS ) hence I'm starting to worry if her stay here shall end after on or before 30 days. This would be in 2 weeks time. Therefore, even if I get the results I would also need to keep in mind the appointment date i'm sure would be a later date & time.

Gave a call to ICA today and the CSO advised that I do an E-Extend for 89 days. ( i believe there are 2 options for extension of 89 days. What are the differences, if any?) On that note, which should I choose?

CSO also said she is puzzled why the initial extension is rejected. So now I'm wondering if e-extending her stay here (while waiting for the LTVP results) would be voided since i -sort of- did the steps of extending her VP here as part of the LTVP application.

All advice is appreciated :)

SJ.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: Need help with LTVP (and SVP related)

Post by BBCWatcher » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 8:19 am

Another possibility is that her LTVP is going to be approved so quickly that the STVP extension is unnecessary, so ICA just cancelled the latter to avoid some extra work.

You apparently still have some time to file an e-XTEND application for her if necessary. That application has to be lodged at least three working days (counting Monday through Saturday, excluding public holidays) before visit pass expiration. I would wait until about four or five working days before, to see how her LTVP application progresses. If you still need e-XTEND you would use the first 89 day link since there's only one family member, your spouse. The second 89 day link is for more than one family member.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Need help with LTVP (and SVP related)

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 10:43 am

BBCWatcher wrote:Another possibility is that her LTVP is going to be approved so quickly that the STVP extension is unnecessary, so ICA just cancelled the latter to avoid some extra work..
That's a new one !! Why didn't I think of that possibility / theory / hypothesis....

Regardless of LTVP pending or approved, that, in the past, never affected the SVP requirements ...

And even if LTVP gets approved, the collection of card etc used to take time so a SVP extension is / was required.

And, ahem, once an online renewal was rejected, another submission was impossible, unless that too changed. And the rejection normally did mention agreeing to something like "I accept that no appeals are allowed" ....

My 2 cents ? Take the marriage certificate etc and go to the Visitor center, (both parties) and beg for a queue number and convince the counter officer to stamp an extension, and if they refuse - as it can happen - be prepared for a visa run back home. Don't try a JB U turn.

PS, the above is from past experience only and strictly NOT supported by pages of research data, or internet links, or reality obfuscating information over load !!! So I am innocent, I hope.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 08 Jun 2016 8:05 am

Sure, do all that if the LTVP isn't approved quickly and if e-XTEND doesn't work. But the deadlines aren't this afternoon, yet, and ICA also knows what they are.

skyjuice

Post by skyjuice » Wed, 08 Jun 2016 2:20 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:Another possibility is that her LTVP is going to be approved so quickly that the STVP extension is unnecessary, so ICA just cancelled the latter to avoid some extra work.

You apparently still have some time to file an e-XTEND application for her if necessary. That application has to be lodged at least three working days (counting Monday through Saturday, excluding public holidays) before visit pass expiration. I would wait until about four or five working days before, to see how her LTVP application progresses. If you still need e-XTEND you would use the first 89 day link since there's only one family member, your spouse. The second 89 day link is for more than one family member.
Just a mini update from ICA, it reads as:

SVP is unsuccessful.
However, the LTVP is approved in principal. I am required to make payment or it shall expire and application treated as withdrawn.

So @BBCWatcher it seems what you have analyzed is true. :o

Now I shall have to get through with the application actual. Which I assume I have to pick an appointment date. Question now is whether if this appointment date is before or after her 30 Day visa expiration.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 08 Jun 2016 11:32 pm

skyjuice wrote:So @BBCWatcher it seems what you have analyzed is true. :o
Congratulations!
Question now is whether if this appointment date is before or after her 30 Day visa expiration.
I recommend choosing a date before, if available. :)

skyjuice

Post by skyjuice » Thu, 09 Jun 2016 12:26 am

BBCWatcher wrote:
skyjuice wrote:So @BBCWatcher it seems what you have analyzed is true. :o
Congratulations!
Question now is whether if this appointment date is before or after her 30 Day visa expiration.
I recommend choosing a date before, if available. :)
Not completely there yet.

It seemed the latest appointment date for formalities is late July. Which means she may have to get her ticket ready next week since her pass is no longer valid. ](*,) :mad:

If that is the case, wouldn't she be issued a new DE card on her next trip here? Does this void the LTVP application after I've done it all? :???:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Need help with LTVP (and SVP related)

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 09 Jun 2016 3:18 am

skyjuice wrote:
Not completely there yet.

It seemed the latest appointment date for formalities is late July. Which means she may have to get her ticket ready next week since her pass is no longer valid. ](*,) :mad:

If that is the case, wouldn't she be issued a new DE card on her next trip here? Does this void the LTVP application after I've done it all? :???:
Try a counter renewal, if she hasn't had continuous stay of more than 60 days. At the worst they may issue a visa and charge for it, instead of free renewal.

If they refuse and she flies back with a new DE card it's nothing to worry. Just the automated queue system won't work with the new DE card but the staff will give you a queue number after checking the approval letter. Again, No big deal. And the approval letter can be shown to the ICA officer at the airport, upon return.

I thought ICA refused the SVP because LTVP was being approved Image or something like that .. wonder why they didn't auto extend the SVP instead ;)

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Thu, 09 Jun 2016 7:53 am

Step 1: Ask ICA. ICA generally answers its phones and e-mail. Do what they advise.

Step 2 (if relevant): If for some reason ICA doesn't tell you what to do, or it doesn't work, try e-XTEND if she's still within the minimum working day limit to lodge an extension application for her. That doesn't require getting off your sofa. If that works, great.

Step 3 (if relevant): If Step 1 and Step 2 don't work, head over to ICA for counter service as Ecureilx suggests.