Singapore Expats

Should register marriage first or apply for LTVP first

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Should register marriage first or apply for LTVP first

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Jun 2016 2:49 pm

Yes, you can register and ROM. However, you will not be allowed to extend your SVP in all probability and you WILL NOT GET AN LTVP. EVER. So if you marry, your SG Spouse will have to immigrate to your country if you want to live together.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Sun, 05 Jun 2016 5:43 pm

Of course there's also the possibility you'll be denied entry into Singapore if you're presently outside Singapore. If you cannot physically get into Singapore then you cannot marry in Singapore. Or drink a cup of coffee in Singapore, for that matter.

As SMS and I are pointing out, and just to make perfectly clear, marriage to a Singaporean citizen gives you no right to stay in Singapore or even to (re)enter Singapore. The government has already told you both, clearly, it will not allow you to reside in Singapore. Moreover, the government has a long memory. Longer than yours or mine.

vanessagan

Post by vanessagan » Mon, 22 Jan 2018 4:46 pm

Vickyng wrote:
BBCWatcher wrote:You can still get married to each other in any country where you can legally get married. Singapore's government can't stop that and doesn't try. However, Singapore's government has informed you that you'll have to find another country that'll take you both in if you want to live together in the same household.
Actually, me and my boyfriend want to get marry in his country Singapore. And he wanted we stay together as soon as possible. So we can marry in Singapore ? But pre-marriage had been rejected and Now we want to register in Rom directly, isst fine?
Hi I jutst want to ask if your long term pass already approved even thought the pre ltvp is rejected

Thank You