Singapore Expats

British License Conversion and First Issue Date

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
vertigo888

British License Conversion and First Issue Date

Post by vertigo888 » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 10:19 am

Hi,

I've been staying in Singapore for 3 years and have not thought about converting my british license until recently ( I just got PR). I have a few questions:

1. I hear about the "must convert license after 12 months", so having stayed here for 3 years, can I still convert? I'm now PR so I have 3 months to convert.

2. First Issue Date - I updated my photocard license and the issue date under 4a depicts the date of when I got the new photocard license, not when I actually got my license the first time around. However, I notice that my entitlements (Cat B etc) on the back of the card display the date I got my license, i.e. the first issue date. Does this count and would this be accepted as a first issue date, even though it doesn't "explicitly" display it as so?

Thank you for your help in advance :)

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: British License Conversion and First Issue Date

Post by bgd » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 10:48 am

1. You can convert at any time, you just can't drive after 12 months of residing in Sg. Your PR isn't relevant in this case, it's your residency duration that matters.
2. They should use the earlier dates, they are aware that licenses get renewed.