Singapore Expats

Employment documents for sole director (for spouse LTVP)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zha

Employment documents for sole director (for spouse LTVP)

Post by zha » Sun, 29 May 2016 4:52 pm

I am a Singapore PR, running own Pte Ltd company as sole director. It is a one person company, ie., I am the 100% owner and sole shareholder & sole employee.

My wife is foreigner and she arrived few weeks back. I applied for LTVP for her and got an in-principle approval. The documents requested include 6 month payslip & letter of employment.

Now, I am in a dilemma with below questions.

1. As I am the sole employee & director, I have to create my letter of employment myself & sign it myself. Also, the payslips as well. Is this valid / acceptable by ICA ?

2. Even though company started 1 year back, I started paying myself salary of 3.8K just 3 months back. Prior to that I didn't take salary for 6 months (except just once as director fee). Hope this suffices. Is there any thing I could do to strengthen my case?

3. I submitted LTVP application stating that I am 'employed' and not 'self-employed'. I believe this is correct as my company is not sole-proprietorship. Did anyone have similar experience to confirm this is fine?

Thanks in advance!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Employment documents for sole director (for spouse LTVP)

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 30 May 2016 3:57 am

zha wrote:I am a Singapore PR, running own Pte Ltd company as sole director. It is a one person company, ie., I am the 100% owner and sole shareholder & sole employee.

My wife is foreigner and she arrived few weeks back. I applied for LTVP for her and got an in-principle approval. The documents requested include 6 month payslip & letter of employment.

Now, I am in a dilemma with below questions.

1. As I am the sole employee & director, I have to create my letter of employment myself & sign it myself. Also, the payslips as well. Is this valid / acceptable by ICA ?
Yes. You are the managing director for the company, and you would be the entity that submits the documents. If ICA had any questions, they would ask for additional details but I judge that to be unlikely.
2. Even though company started 1 year back, I started paying myself salary of 3.8K just 3 months back. Prior to that I didn't take salary for 6 months (except just once as director fee). Hope this suffices. Is there any thing I could do to strengthen my case?
You should include a letter of explanation that says something like you were preserving capital at startup and are now making enough profits to make a regular salary. You should also include a project of future income and salary 1, 3, and 5 years out to show that you expect to earn more and thus increase your chances of a successful application.
3. I submitted LTVP application stating that I am 'employed' and not 'self-employed'. I believe this is correct as my company is not sole-proprietorship. Did anyone have similar experience to confirm this is fine?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, Since you have a separate legal entity in the form of a Pte Ltd it is fine to say that you are employed as opposed to self employed.