Singapore Expats

Applied for LTVP, Tourist Visa expiring next week

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sharadc

Applied for LTVP, Tourist Visa expiring next week

Post by sharadc » Mon, 23 May 2016 2:25 pm

Dear Board Members

I am from India and have recently applied for a LTVP at ICA along with sponsorship letter from NUS, where my spouse is a doing her Phd in NUS, Singapore. However, they are saying it will take 8 weeks for processing the application.

My Visit Visa is expiring next week, when I checked with them, they asked me to apply for a e-xtend, however I dont know anyone who is PR or Singaporean citizen to apply for extension.

I am confused and would need your advice on the next steps

Do I need to stay put in Singapore and apply to ICA for extension in person. What all documents do I need and the process to be followed.

Or go back to India and wait for the LTVP to get approved and then come back after 8 weeks

Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for reading and have a great day ahead

Regards,
Sharad

sharadc

Re: Applied for LTVP, Tourist Visa expiring next week

Post by sharadc » Mon, 23 May 2016 8:29 pm

And to add to the above, I have applied in person for the LTVP at ICA, They verified all the documents including marriage certificate and other necessary documents in original. Do I still have to attend the interview and will a new DE card void any chances for getting my LTVP.

Please advice? :???: