Singapore Expats

Can't apply for LTSVP for newborn without DE card number

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
GoofyG28

Can't apply for LTSVP for newborn without DE card number

Post by GoofyG28 » Wed, 18 May 2016 7:26 pm

Hi folks,

I searched and searched but couldn't find an answer.

My wife and I are both PRs. We just had our first child delivered here in Singapore 2 weeks ago. We just picked up her foreign passport today, so I'm ready to apply for her long term social visit pass (LTSVP) on the ICA website.

However, the online form requires the Disembarkation/Embarkation (DE) card number. But she doesn’t have that... because she never entered Singapore from somewhere else! :-k The online form won’t let me continue unless I have a valid DE number.

What do I do? Thanks in advance!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Can't apply for LTSVP for newborn without DE card number

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 18 May 2016 8:50 pm

You get hold of a blank entry card and use the DE number on it and then fill it out when she leaves.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

phucmember

Post by phucmember » Wed, 18 May 2016 9:54 pm

You can go to meet ICA officer, they will issue to you a DE card. Remember to bring your child's birth cert and passport. No appointments required.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Can't apply for LTSVP for newborn without DE card number

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 18 May 2016 11:25 pm

phucmember wrote:You can go to meet ICA officer, they will issue to you a DE card. Remember to bring your child's birth cert and passport. No appointments required.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Great advice

+1

GoofyG28

Post by GoofyG28 » Sun, 22 May 2016 10:21 pm

So I went to ICA, which is very near me. When it was my turn, I showed the office the birth cert, passport, etc., and the office asked, "Where's our advisory note?" I had completely forgot that our hospital had given us the "Advisory Note" with all the instructions on "Regularising the immigration status of a foreign child born in Singapore". Before you can even apply for PR or LTSVP, you need to go to ICA to do this first. And in the upper-right corner of this advisory note, there's a DE no (Hxx-xxx-xxx-x).

The weird thing was, the office was shocked that I was able to get my child's passport, because I had told her that I don't recall seeing this advisory note. "But you need this in order to apply for the passport at your embassy," she insisted. This is not true. Otherwise, why was I holding my child's foreign passport already? (In actuality, you can either show your kid's newly obtained foreign passport, or a receipt/letter of acknowledgement from your embassy indicating that you have "submitted an application for a travel document for your child.")

I went home, found the advisory note, submitted it to ICA (Level 4) along with photocopies of all other required docs mentioned in the advisory note, and then went home to apply for my child's LTSVP online using the DE number that was on the advisory note all along.

Thanks y'all! Hope this info helps.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 22 May 2016 10:25 pm

ffs
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!