Singapore Expats

My 2 cents on Universal Studios Singapore

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
zmanto

My 2 cents on Universal Studios Singapore

Post by zmanto » Tue, 17 May 2016 4:50 pm

lucassmith
Regular
Regular

Re: My 2 cents on Universal Studios Singapore

Post by lucassmith » Tue, 17 May 2016 4:56 pm

paging for SMS and anticipating his witty input on this!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 May 2016 7:48 pm

Sorry, Lucas, but I've got to disappoint you this time. I cannot find one redeeming quality in that post to have fun with. It's bad enough already. I should ban it out of principle, but I cannot connect him/her with either email addy or their bog standard Singnet ISP. So I can't really pin advertising on it but it does run darned close to the wire. If it is a subliminal advertisement, it's poorly done and obviously done by an amateur.

But I will keep an eye on any other further posts by the OP, but I rather think we've seen the first and last of them. On second thought, considering they registered at 4:31 pm and made a single post at 4:50 pm it is probably a really poor attempt at advertising (In the words of the next POTUS "Your Fired!"). Therefore nothing witty, just a simple sayonara to the OP should they ever decide to return. :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zmanto

Post by zmanto » Wed, 18 May 2016 4:24 pm

I believe this is a public forum and a member is entitled to write a post based on whatever he/she wishes to share. I am no one to tell a moderator what his/her job is but I believe it is definitely not to come by a post and write such extremely unpleasant comments and judge base on a single post. If there was truly an issue with advertising (although I don't see how I was advertising anything), it could be mentioned in a manner which would be better suited to you dear moderator. Your use of words "bad enough", "bog standard", "poorly done" shows unprofessionalism on your part. Who are you to judge sir/madam?

To lucas smith, whoever you may be, why call out on someone else to do the job. Were you not capable enough to come up with a witty input if it was so funny.

lucassmith
Regular
Regular

Post by lucassmith » Wed, 18 May 2016 6:00 pm

while we're on the POTUS, will you share your thoughts on this matter?
do you worry about the future of the USA and of the world?
:(

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sorry, Lucas, but I've got to disappoint you this time. I cannot find one redeeming quality in that post to have fun with. It's bad enough already. I should ban it out of principle, but I cannot connect him/her with either email addy or their bog standard Singnet ISP. So I can't really pin advertising on it but it does run darned close to the wire. If it is a subliminal advertisement, it's poorly done and obviously done by an amateur.

But I will keep an eye on any other further posts by the OP, but I rather think we've seen the first and last of them. On second thought, considering they registered at 4:31 pm and made a single post at 4:50 pm it is probably a really poor attempt at advertising (In the words of the next POTUS "Your Fired!"). Therefore nothing witty, just a simple sayonara to the OP should they ever decide to return. :mrgreen:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 May 2016 6:02 pm

Unsolicited posts pumping a venue on a forum that you have just joined and making no further posts? It is advertising as far as the other members of this forum are concerned. Additionally, it is NOT a public forum as you have to register. Upon registration, you will conduct yourself according to our ideals which may or may not agree with your own. Therefore, you are very lucky as you were allowed to continue to post. If you continue in your same vein, however, you may consider yourself as history.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 18 May 2016 8:45 pm

I think the OP is trying to say the Universal Studios is a giant fail. Which I tend to agree with.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 May 2016 10:35 pm

PNGMK, fair enough, but again, we don't normally allow new posters to register only to have them diss somebody, some company, some venue. If they have a problem with the individual or company, they should take it up with them directly and not use our forum for a smear campaign. We've bounced many of the over the years.

zmanto

Post by zmanto » Wed, 18 May 2016 10:38 pm

I just have a few questions for you respected moderator, what is the issue? I just joined yesterday and is there any rule I am not aware of that I have to post a specific number of entries in a day? Whats the rush about?
And once again this is not about any advertisement or maligning the name of any one place. I shared my opinion thats it. If its a big problem then by all means report it and ban it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 May 2016 10:57 pm

Normal people do not create a new thread to post an opinion on a forum on their first post within 20 minutes unless it's a smear/dissing campaign. In almost every instance a poster will join because they are looking for an answer or responding to a question/thread. You did neither, you did what most advertisers do, register, post their advert or smear and gone. We've been on this board for a very long time and have a pretty good idea when a con is going down. You have a gripe with USS, go complain to them. If somebody here posted a query on USS then by all means give your opinion as it's being asked for. But to willy-nilly post smearing/dissing something or somebody is just not done on ANY forum and it certainly will not be done here. Capisce? - moderator

zmanto

Post by zmanto » Wed, 18 May 2016 11:02 pm

Oh my goodness this is going too far. You have a problem you are the moderator go do what you need to do with the post. I have not experienced any problems with other forums I am a member of so I have no problems with one less on my list.
Thank you for your time and efforts in showing me the way out. Goodbye Sir/Madam

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 18 May 2016 11:15 pm

Oh boy.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 19 May 2016 8:34 am

Christ on a stick.... and I'm a Christian. What an ass.

So let's imagine what pissed him off at USS....

1. He's very short and wasn't allowed on half the rides?
2. He had just enough money for a ticket and went in expecting everything inside to be free?
3. He bought a ticket at a special price for date A but tried to use it for date B?
4. He was caught by the staff climbing over a fence, peeping behind something or dismantling a ride for a souvenir?
5. He sidled up to one of the female characters for a picture was was caught trying to grope her?

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 19 May 2016 8:41 am

NOPE! I got it...

"You must be treating me very special because I am of a very special race/caste/skin color"

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 19 May 2016 8:55 am

PNGMK wrote:Christ on a stick.... and I'm a Christian. What an ass.

So let's imagine what pissed him off at USS....

1. He's very short and wasn't allowed on half the rides?
2. He had just enough money for a ticket and went in expecting everything inside to be free?
3. He bought a ticket at a special price for date A but tried to use it for date B?
4. He was caught by the staff climbing over a fence, peeping behind something or dismantling a ride for a souvenir?
5. He sidled up to one of the female characters for a picture was was caught trying to grope her?
Christ on a stick is basically Christ on the [wooden] cross (which is two sticks made into one)...

....and, OP feels he's being metaphorically crucified.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."