Singapore Expats

Info on

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
newUser@SG

Info on

Post by newUser@SG » Mon, 16 May 2016 3:13 pm

Hi All,

I have been working in singapore on an EP from past one year i.e 30-03-2015 till date.
I have accepted a job offer from another Singapore employer which I will be joing on 1st of August 2016. My EP for new employer is approved and I have received the IPAL letter as well.

I am getting married in July 2016 in India and have plans to get my wife along to Singapore after our wedding in first week of August. My new employer has told they will process dependent pass once I share my marriage certificate. Which I will be getting only by first week of September.

My question :

1. Is there a way I can I apply for a 1 month tourist visa for my wife without marriage certificate ?
2. While on toursit visa can she apply for a dependent visa from Singapore ?

Your help is much appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: Info on

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 16 May 2016 6:30 pm

newUser@SG wrote:1. Is there a way I can I apply for a 1 month tourist visa for my wife without marriage certificate ?
Since you are not a citizen or Permanent Resident she would have to apply for a Short-Term Visit Pass on her own merits via one of the authorized agents. See here for more information.
2. While on toursit visa can she apply for a dependent visa from Singapore ?
In principle, yes, her Dependant's Pass can be processed if/while she is already visiting Singapore. There's no guarantee the timing will work, so if she doesn't have a DP In-Principle Approval letter in hand she'll still need to satisfy the ordinary STVP-related requirements such as having a return ticket -- and to use it if her DP is not ready within her stay limit.

saran

Re: Info on

Post by saran » Tue, 17 May 2016 10:07 am

Hi,
STVP usually given for 30 days. you can try to seek for extension if you are waiting for DP results (or) about to apply for DP with relevant details. But be ready with Plan B just in case.