My husband and I are looking to find out more information about working as primary school teachers in Singapore, starting in January 2017. We are from South Africa and have bachelor's degrees in Education, TEFL certificates and coaching experience in a variety of different sports. We have each been teaching full-time for 3 years, and teaching/coaching part-time for 4 years prior to that.
If you could answer some of our questions, it would be much appreciated.
1. What are some of the benefits as an expat teacher in an International School
? (Housing, medical insurance, flights etc. )
2. What salary offers can we expect?
3. Can we apply to stay on the school property
as boarding stewards/"house mom & dad" for boarding schools?
4. Is a school likely to employ both of us at the same school, or rather at separate schools?
5. Is it best to send joint applications to schools or separate?