Singapore Expats

How will my wife's Illegitimate non-Singaporean child stay in Singapore when we are divorcing soon

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Avian

How will my wife's Illegitimate non-Singaporean child stay in Singapore when we are divorcing soon

Post by Avian » Thu, 12 May 2016 8:36 pm

Hello there! Anyone knows what to do with my situation? I am a Singaporean and I am divorcing my wife(different country with Long Term Pass) but i want her illegitimate son(who is born in her country, whom i considered as my child already since the day i was told he is mine reason why we got married, eventhough i haven't adopted him yet) to stay in Singapore so he can have a good education and better life coz i know my soon to be ex-wife wont be able to do that for him. Anyone please advice me what to do?

2nd: Will the divorce affect the long term pass she has now? I'm concerned with my "son" going back to their country. Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Avian on Thu, 12 May 2016 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Need Help with Illegitimate Non-Singaporean Child to Stay in SG to study

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 12 May 2016 9:05 pm

I think all you need is legal guardianship and that is good enough for a student's pass. His mother would have to consent. You probably need an agreement or similar type of document drawn up by a solicitor.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!