Singapore Expats

S-pass application: no record found

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: S-pass application: no record found

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:02 pm

I know I can access it on Saturdays, but I'm not in the habit of working on Sundays so only assuming it would be up for checking if nothing else.

Yep, you're right.

Availability
08:00AM to 08:00PM
(Monday to Friday)
08:00AM to 02:00PM
(Saturday)
Excluding Public Holidays

Straight from the EP Online page.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:46 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:I thought no EPOL and WPOL on Sundays?
EP Online and WP Online are closed on Sundays, yes. But they're both open later than the Ministry of Manpower's offices are open -- WP Online especially.

Most of the MoM's eServices are open 24 hours per day every day except for occasional planned maintenance. Examples include WP Transactions for Domestic Workers, the Employment/S Pass Self Assessment Tool, iSubmit (to send the MoM a scanned document in support of any application), and the MoM's appointment system.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:56 pm

Try talking to a human being. Then you can say MOM is open 24 hours a day.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: S-pass application: no record found

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 2:00 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Try talking to a human being. Then you can say MOM is open 24 hours a day.
Actually the human beings don't die every day after work, and the systems run 24x7, so hypothetically, MOM is a 24 hour operation ;)

And .... they have people monitoring the hot line, so your argument is incorrect. Image

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 2:08 pm

I've never hear anything but automated responses and end up telling you to call between the hours of such and such and so and so. Or refer you to go online at www.bla, bla, bla.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 2:45 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've never hear anything but automated responses and end up telling you to call between the hours of such and such and so and so. Or refer you to go online at http://www.bla, bla, bla.
You answered your question . I agree with BBCW.

if there is an automated response, then MOM is operating Image Image Image

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 4:07 pm

Not necessarily. We don't even know where their servers are. Could be monitored by cisco servers elsewhere. I doubt that they monitor their own.
Therefore MOM isn't in operation. I don't count recording and the ability to record your own message a contacting MOM on the weekend. If you cannot contact a real human being, then MOM isn't open.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 5:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you cannot contact a real human being, then MOM isn't open.
By that standard, stretches of U.S. Interstate Highways I-355 and I-88 in Illinois are closed every night from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Is the Illinois Tollway closed every night when you cannot contact a real human being?

I've pumped and paid for gas (petrol) with zero humans in sight or even contactable, and I've been doing that for years. Was I just hallucinating, and the gas station was really closed?

Vending machines are always closed, except when the delivery person happens to be restocking them?

As another example, when does DBS (the whole organization) close? The hundreds of 24 hour ATMs they installed, and your functioning debit and credit cards, aren't functioning DBS services because their face-to-face branches happen to be closed? Really?

....No, like any other major organization offering a variety of services there are some services that the Ministry of Manpower offers that are open all the time (except for planned maintenance), some that are open for extended hours, and some that are open only when their physical offices are staffed and open. For some services you might have to wait until they reopen, and for others you don't.

And this isn't a particularly new concept, by the way. Many roadside vegetable stands in the United States (and elsewhere) are always open. You grab the tomatoes (or whatever) you want, drop some money in the jar or can as instructed, and move on. No human or computer in sight or contactable. But the vegetable stand is still open. You got your tomatoes.
Last edited by BBCWatcher on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 5:33 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you cannot contact a real human being, then MOM isn't open.
By that standard, stretches of U.S. Interstate Highways I-355 and I-88 in Illinois are closed every night from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Is the Illinois Tollway closed every night when you cannot contact a real human being?

I've pumped and paid for gas (petrol) with zero humans in sight or even contactable, and I've been doing that for years. Was I just hallucinating, and the gas station was really closed?

Vending machines are always closed, except when the delivery person happens to be restocking them?

As another example, when does DBS (the whole organization) close? The hundreds of 24 hour ATMs they installed, and your functioning debit and credit cards, aren't functioning DBS services because their face-to-face branches happen to be closed? Really?
Well said ...

Image Image

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 5:55 pm

Sounds like dumb and dumber on show here. At least you two seem to have made up. See I told you getting a room works wonders. You still haven't convinced me you can get a civil servant from MOM on a Sunday. THAT WAS THE QUESTION. But obviously you both know the answer to that as well as I do and that's why all these contortions by you two.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 6:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sounds like dumb and dumber on show here. At least you two seem to have made up. See I told you getting a room works wonders. You still haven't convinced me you can get a civil servant from MOM on a Sunday. THAT WAS THE QUESTION. But obviously you both know the answer to that as well as I do and that's why all these contortions by you two.
Both ? No chief, I was on your side. From the beginning .

But am not letting the entertaining posts stop ;)

We just went to I88 and I355 ..

samgeh123

Post by samgeh123 » Sat, 27 Aug 2016 6:24 pm

Thanks guys. Good discussion. One quick question. Again hehe. :)

If a pass is pending; will that person have trouble coming to Singapore (immigration) given normally that nationality is getting one month on-arrival visa? The pending application at MOM will result no entry granted or any other problem will occur at air port immigration?

Thanks guys!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 27 Aug 2016 6:27 pm

samgeh123 wrote:Thanks guys. Good discussion. One quick question. Again hehe. :)

If a pass is pending; will that person have trouble coming to Singapore (immigration) given normally that nationality is getting one month on-arrival visa? The pending application at MOM will result no entry granted or any other problem will occur at air port immigration?

Thanks guys!
We aim to please ;)

No, unless the candidate is being watched by ICA, for possible suspicious travel pattern, 100% fret not!

Does the above help, or would you like a detailed reply including how ICA works ? ;)

samgeh123

Post by samgeh123 » Sat, 27 Aug 2016 6:30 pm

Awesome! Thanks ecureilx for the quick reply! Appreciate it.

No need details lol. But if you do know how ICA WORKS...we (specially I) would like to know hehe. ;)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 27 Aug 2016 8:01 pm

samgeh123 wrote:Awesome! Thanks ecureilx for the quick reply! Appreciate it.

No need details lol. But if you do know how ICA WORKS...we (specially I) would like to know hehe. ;)
How ICA works ? Nobody outside ICA knows I guess .. I and a few contributors provide updates based on experience and sharing info.

If you meant how ICA can flag you, do some search here about posts from those who were denied entry to Singapore.