Singapore Expats

Visa for parent of Employment Pass holder

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
singapore12345

Re: Visa for parent of Employment Pass holder

Post by singapore12345 » Tue, 24 May 2016 9:09 am

This is Indian passport...Indian passport always has name of parents irrespective of the passport holders age...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Visa for parent of Employment Pass holder

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 24 May 2016 11:31 am

singapore12345 wrote:I am an EP holder, i am looking to apply for LTVP for my parents...The documents required for the application mentions - "A copy of the work pass holder's birth certificate that states the names of the parents."
Now i do not have my birth certificate...are there any other documents which are acceptable to MOM (like i have my parents name on my passport)?
How did you lose your birth certificate ?

From what I know you need to submit the copy of BC.

Sms. Don't EP Applications require a copy of BC ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 May 2016 11:53 am

Usually a valid passport is sufficient for EP applications.

For LTVP applications, I don't know, but I could understand the reason why if they do. Although if parents are listed in the EP holder's Passport, I would have though that would have been sufficient (albeit, there is probably only a name and not identifying registration numbers for the parents (again, I don't know as US passports don't have parents names and neither do SG ones.)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Hidy Ho
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Hidy Ho » Tue, 24 May 2016 12:50 pm

ecureilx wrote: How did you lose your birth certificate ?

FYI, not all of us have a birth certificate. I don't. According to my mother, the country where I was born, around the time when I was born, didn't have established system to provide a birth certificate so I don't have one.

I use my United States Naturalization Certificate in place of birth certificate, if I need one (used maybe once or twice in my life but I can't remember why).

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 24 May 2016 2:17 pm

Hidy Ho wrote:
ecureilx wrote: How did you lose your birth certificate ?

FYI, not all of us have a birth certificate. I don't. According to my mother, the country where I was born, around the time when I was born, didn't have established system to provide a birth certificate so I don't have one.

I use my United States Naturalization Certificate in place of birth certificate, if I need one (used maybe once or twice in my life but I can't remember why).
Then again, you won't know this : quite a few Indians have more than one date of birth :P

If I was handling Indian candidates, I will ask for the official date of birth / birth certificate.

saran

Post by saran » Tue, 24 May 2016 4:08 pm

you can get BC from High Commission of India.

This link will be useful -
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewtopic.php?t=103143

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 24 May 2016 4:33 pm

saran wrote:you can get BC from High Commission of India.

This link will be useful -
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewtopic.php?t=103143
+1 Saran

And, since NaMo became PM, are they still grumpy, as mentioned in the previous post ? :D

singapore12345

Post by singapore12345 » Tue, 24 May 2016 11:04 pm

thanks Saran...this is very helpful

ravi26

Post by ravi26 » Tue, 31 May 2016 12:20 am

ravi26 wrote:
BBCWatcher wrote:So, to net it out, if your employer is uncooperative then check to see whether you can jump up to a PEP. You'll need to be an EP holder with a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000 (or outside Singapore with a fixed monthly salary of at least S$18,000) to qualify for a PEP. Ask the Ministry of Manpower if you anticipate your parent living in Singapore longer than three years (the lifetime of a PEP) and if you're concerned about what happens at the end of that period. Also please note that, whether in collaboration with an employer (EP holder) or not (PEP, PR, citizen), there is no guarantee that a LTVP will be issued to a parent. Or a STVP, for that matter.
Hi, A follow up question on eligibility for PEP. My salary structure is basic pay + pension allowance that is paid as cash in hand every month (being expat there is no other contribution). My basic is less than 12K but together with pension allowance it may just turn more than 12K next year(fingers crossed)! Do you think this makes me eligible to apply for PEP. I admit that I am not taking a long term view on here (that PEP lasts only 3 years) and that is the level of my desperation unfortunately. Thank you in advance!

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Tue, 31 May 2016 12:41 am

Yes, probably your pension allowance would count as part of your fixed monthly salary. MOM defines "fixed monthly salary" here.

ravi26

Post by ravi26 » Tue, 31 May 2016 7:50 am

BBCWatcher wrote:Yes, probably your pension allowance would count as part of your fixed monthly salary. MOM defines "fixed monthly salary" here.
Thank you BBCWatcher. I was worried about #6 under allowance but I reckon cash in hand ought to part of fixed salary as you pointed out too, or so I hope. Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Ravi