Singapore Expats

Hotel swimming pools with poolside changing facilities

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
UKMum1970

Hotel swimming pools with poolside changing facilities

Post by UKMum1970 » Sun, 01 May 2016 9:19 pm

Hello all :)

I'm looking for good hotels in Singapore that provide full poolside changing/shower facilities for adults and children. Many hotels seem to have spa facilities beside the pool that can only be used by adults, so children have to change in the hotel room then go up and down elevators, etc in wet gear or towels.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hotel swimming pools with poolside changing facilities

Post by JR8 » Mon, 02 May 2016 2:31 am

I'm not sure how common that is. Perhaps because pools tend to be small and pool-side facilities set-aside or franchised more for generating profit; F+B, spas and so on.
But what I have seen a lot at hotels is people being totally unembarrassed about going from their rooms to the pool in their swim-gear and dressing gowns.
The complaint you might hear about that is that such people can leave pools of water on lift floors, but if you give yourself 5 minutes to dry off after a swim then problem solved.
If you add a t-shirt underneath the robe, so all your 'bits' aren't on show, I doubt anyone will bat an eye, it's that normal IME. If you're concerned at all go to the disabled loos (always more spacious) for 2mins and change into shorts/t-shirt etc before heading back to the room and showering.

The same approach seems to be normal in condos too, again IME.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 03 May 2016 8:22 am

It think it would be better to ask on a Singapore related Tripadvisor forum (or similar site).

Are you concerned about getting the elevator's floor wet or the temperature change?

Nb. when I was a kid a bigger beach towel usually was more than sufficient to do the job.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 May 2016 2:59 pm

Perhaps, UKMom1970 is only looking for this type of hotel so she can take her kids swimming and able to shower and change before going home, e.g., free swimming pool (cannot go to a room to change if you are not a registered guest). ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 03 May 2016 4:09 pm

You used to be able to do that long ago. I did it once when staying in a flea-pit hostel by Dhoby Ghat (Prinsep Street), and enjoyed the pool at the Concorde Hotel on Orchard Road (which was the Meridien back then).

The primary and perhaps sole control they used to have was that to get a pool-towel you had to go and register with the pool-guy, who was pool-side. He ticked you off vs a printed guest-list, and again when you returned your towels. You don't have to be that creative to figure out how that could be avoided.

Hotels are hot on that kind of thing now, whereby even the pool-guy is hooked into the hotel's guest account network, and he will x-check you before giving you a towel. Plus, also usual now IME is that to get to the poolside at all you usually have to pass a staffed desk and prove you are a hotel guest, and/or pass through a pool-side door requiring a hotel room key-card.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 03 May 2016 4:47 pm

Hot or not I wouldn't be surprised if SMS is right. I found it strange to look for a good hotel based on such requirement.

RiztyRandy

Post by RiztyRandy » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 9:03 pm

I really need to use e hotel pool .can rent just pool.please msg me back.82860269