Singapore Expats

HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
blackmores

HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by blackmores » Sun, 01 May 2016 1:03 am

Hi all,

Kindly need your input for my situation.

Last week, shortly after I accepted the offer, HR sent me the MOM form for EP in word file for them to submit, which I filled in and returned to them. However, just now, I realised I may filled a detail inaccurately. Currently, my EP status is pending.

Question: Even if I point this concern to the HR, can they edit it on the MOM online system? (Can an EP application be edited after submission?) Any known effect if this is possible to do?

Thanks! :D [-o<
Last edited by blackmores on Sun, 01 May 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 01 May 2016 5:15 am

What detail? If you are a convicted serial killer and failed to mention that "detail" it might have a bearing on the outcome of your application.

If you lied about income... previous job or this one, it might a bearing on the outcome of your application.

Details, details... what detail did you leave out?

blackmores

Post by blackmores » Sun, 01 May 2016 3:32 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:What detail? If you are a convicted serial killer and failed to mention that "detail" it might have a bearing on the outcome of your application.

If you lied about income... previous job or this one, it might a bearing on the outcome of your application.

Hi, thanks for the input. Understood, the impact will depends on what kind of detail I inaccurately filled.

However, currently my primary concern is:
Is it even possible for HR to edit any details on the EP application after they submitted the EP application online? (and now the status is "pending" on the system) 8-[

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 01 May 2016 10:08 pm

blackmores wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:What detail? If you are a convicted serial killer and failed to mention that "detail" it might have a bearing on the outcome of your application.

Hi, thanks for the input. Understood, the impact will depends on what kind of detail I inaccurately filled.

Is it even possible for HR to edit any details on the EP application after they submitted the EP application online? (and now the status is "pending" on the system) 8-[
So what "detail" are we talking about ? Based on that a better advice maybe meted out.

blackmores

Re: RE: Re: HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by blackmores » Sun, 01 May 2016 10:20 pm

ecureilx wrote:
blackmores wrote:

So what "detail" are we talking about ? Based on that a better advice maybe meted out.
Ok, in this case I wish to amend my answer regarding my religion that I gave to the HR. Since it is now already submitted on the system (status: pending), even if I notify HR, is it even possible for the HR to change it on the system? :oops:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 May 2016 12:27 am

What? You just Found the Light? and changed your religion? How could you not know what your religion is? :???:

In any event, it won't make any difference, truthfully speaking.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 02 May 2016 2:36 am

I can't see that would make any difference. Consider it another way; seeking to change a lodged application might cause you more problems than such an [arguably] irrelevant change might benefit you.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard