Singapore Expats

Husband ran off to Singapore

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Beauty_vs_Beast

Husband ran off to Singapore

Post by Beauty_vs_Beast » Sun, 01 May 2016 12:50 am

Hello all.

My story is a bit sad, but probably typical.
I have been married to my husband for 2 years, we have one common child. We have been living in the UK, but I am not from the UK originally. He got this opportunity to move to Singapore and played it like a family move. He asked me to stay with children at my parent's place in my home country so just he could arrange the move, pack things, sell the car and cancel the contract on the flat :) He said it would not be comfortable for us to stay in half-packed house. The plan was he would come to my country and pick us up and take with him. So he left us and went alone. I know, I am an idiot.

Now I basically have no place to live aside of my parent's place and no job. I am on maternity leave, but the job I could return to is in the UK. I struggle to come back there, because strictly speaking my spouse visa is not valid when me and husband live separate. Also because I can't pay rent and 2 sets of childcare for kids from my salary there. I have two kids (one from previous relationship).

I need to know his residential address in Singapore, so I can apply for maintenance or divorce in my country. Of course, he is not telling me that. :-k

Does anybody know where and how I can obtain husband's address in Singapore? I know his Employer.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Husband ran off to Singapore

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 01 May 2016 3:16 pm

If you know his employer it should be possible to have notice (i.e. Writ of Summons) served on him at his employer's address via an authorized agent. You can also hire a PI to find a person's address or have a court in your home country request an address via your local Singapore High Commission. In fact just having a letter written to the High Comm in your local country by your solicitor might turn something up.

You're not a fool by the ways; he's an arse. If he wanted a divorce he should have manned up.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Husband ran off to Singapore

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 01 May 2016 3:22 pm

I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!