Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship application rejected after two years

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
valleyman
Regular
Regular

Re: Singapore Citizenship application rejected after two years

Post by valleyman » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 2:44 pm

I still think that all things being equal, you will get a leg up if you have some community work experience. Btw, I am still here, alive and kicking. Almost 11 years on this island...

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 2:46 pm

mohsinaqvi wrote:Once I reached 55 since I have more than 100K in my CPF they included me in life long pension scheme .What if after retire I won's get my re entry permit renew.
what if you started a business after 55 ? sure you retire from working as a salaried person, but nothing stops you from having an income by starting a business. would they still not grant a re-entry permit renewal ?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Singapore Citizenship application rejected after two years

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 3:20 pm

valleyman wrote:I still think that all things being equal, you will get a leg up if you have some community work experience. Btw, I am still here, alive and kicking. Almost 11 years on this island...
Nope. Now if you donate blood 12 times a year you may have high chance.

mohsinaqvi

Post by mohsinaqvi » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 4:34 pm

So look like race is the single most important factor for rejection.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 9:26 pm

Maybe not the most important thing, but it surely has a preponderance of weight on the final decision. Until they get their demographic percentages back to what they were in 1997 before the Asian Financial Meltdown and Y2K, the pogrom will continue. However, if you have something the government really wants, they don't care if you are purple and an animist.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mohsinaqvi

Post by mohsinaqvi » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 10:14 pm

As I know shipping industry needs lot of experienced personnels and locals are unable to fill the demand.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Thu, 28 Apr 2016 6:15 am

If that's true, here's an idea: the employer can raise their salary offer up to the current market rate needed to attract the talent they seek.

There isn't actually a "shortage," at least not any more than there's a shortage of commercial real estate on Orchard Road or of iPhones. There might be a shortage of employers willing to pay, say, $200,000 per year instead of $120,000 per year for the talent they seek. That's not necessarily anybody's problem except the (too cheap) employer's.

mohsinaqvi

Post by mohsinaqvi » Thu, 28 Apr 2016 4:16 pm

Look like you don't have any idea about shipping industry.Its not about raising the wages. To be a competent shipping personnel the category I am in you have to sail on ship for around 10 to 15 years and to pass number of professional exams just like pilots .

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 28 Apr 2016 4:54 pm

mohsinaqvi wrote:Look like you don't have any idea about shipping industry.Its not about raising the wages. To be a competent shipping personnel the category I am in you have to sail on ship for around 10 to 15 years and to pass number of professional exams just like pilots .
I get where you are coming from , but look at it from the Govt's perspective.

What is there to gain for them to give you Citizenship?

They can boot you out when the time comes that you have no job to go with your PR , I am assuming that its a PTS PR.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Apr 2016 5:03 pm

Good point, Barnsley.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mohsinaqvi

Post by mohsinaqvi » Fri, 29 Apr 2016 3:17 pm

May I know what is a PTS PR.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Fri, 29 Apr 2016 3:45 pm

mohsinaqvi wrote:May I know what is a PTS PR.
It is PR applied under "professional and technical scheme". Basically EP->PR.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 29 Apr 2016 11:30 pm

mohsinaqvi wrote:Look like you don't have any idea about shipping industry.Its not about raising the wages.
Yes I do, and of course it is. You're simply describing the fact that the labor supply is inelastic in the short or even medium term, which describes most labor markets. And oil markets, to pick another example. So what? That just means you have to outbid other employers to get the talent you want. Or not, then don't get the talent.

Does anybody talk about a "shortage" of professional football players, some of whom earn millions of dollars per year, all of whom have spent many years perfecting and refining their talents? I haven't heard such language.

I'm really beyond tired hearing employers claiming "shortages," especially when there's no evidence of fast rising real wages in their sector. Pay market rates (or above market rates) for talent or don't -- it's up to you. With very few exceptions I have little sympathy for employers who aren't willing to pay market rates who then complain about being outbid.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 30 Apr 2016 2:29 am

BBCWatcher wrote:Pay market rates (or above market rates) for talent or don't -- it's up to you. With very few exceptions I have little sympathy for employers who aren't willing to pay market rates who then complain about being outbid.
Dang! We agree.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 30 Apr 2016 11:42 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
BBCWatcher wrote:Pay market rates (or above market rates) for talent or don't -- it's up to you. With very few exceptions I have little sympathy for employers who aren't willing to pay market rates who then complain about being outbid.
Dang! We agree.
Haha, me too. But what also struck me was the parallel with landlords who refuse to accept a weakening market, and the necessity to reduce the asking rent for a vacant place apparently preferring instead to face a lengthy void.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard