Singapore Expats Forum

PR surrender and CPF withdrawal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
leolm31

Re: PR surrender and CPF withdrawal

Post by leolm31 » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 2:55 pm

If I understand correctly that’s only for those 50+ looking to retire in West Malaysia?

They have another option to withdraw under - You can withdraw your CPF in full if you are about to leave or have left Singapore and West Malaysia permanently with no intention of returning to either country for employment or residence.

What I heard before is that if I want to come back as PR I would then need to deposit the full CPF money withdrawn plus interest. If you know that this has happened before do share!

Thanks

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 4:05 pm

leolm31 wrote:
Mon, 06 Jan 2020 2:55 pm
If I understand correctly that’s only for those 50+ looking to retire in West Malaysia?

They have another option to withdraw under - You can withdraw your CPF in full if you are about to leave or have left Singapore and West Malaysia permanently with no intention of returning to either country for employment or residence.

What I heard before is that if I want to come back as PR I would then need to deposit the full CPF money withdrawn plus interest. If you know that this has happened before do share!

Thanks
Right

Himanshu_p

Post by Himanshu_p » Mon, 27 Jan 2020 11:25 pm

Hello All,

I am Indian citizen, lost my PR in 2015. I have not withdrawan my CPF yet.
While browsing thru the CPF website and reviewed the withdrawal form. It said i need to declare i dont have any intention to come back to work or residence in Singapore and West Malaysia.

So does it imply if I am working in Kuala Lumpur I cannot withdraw my CPF, but same doesnt hold true if I am working in Jakarta.

Thanks for advice in advance

kedeepu

Post by kedeepu » Sun, 28 Jun 2020 3:41 pm

Hello everyone,
I am planning to renounce my PR by end Sep - early Oct time. Myself and my wife are PRs, however she is currently back to our home town and not planning to come back for the cancellation of PR (due to non-PR kids and Covid situation). So I am looking for more info like if it will be possible for me to cancel the PR on her behalf ?
What's required for that ?
Anyone with such experience ?

Thank you in advance for sharing !

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 28 Jun 2020 6:26 pm

kedeepu wrote:
Sun, 28 Jun 2020 3:41 pm
Hello everyone,
I am planning to renounce my PR by end Sep - early Oct time. Myself and my wife are PRs, however she is currently back to our home town and not planning to come back for the cancellation of PR (due to non-PR kids and Covid situation). So I am looking for more info like if it will be possible for me to cancel the PR on her behalf ?
What's required for that ?
Anyone with such experience ?

Thank you in advance for sharing !
https://va.ecitizen.gov.sg/cfp/customer ... refaq.aspx

Home > Permanent Residence Services > Renunciation of PR