Singapore Expats Forum

PR surrender and CPF withdrawal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Bismark

Re: PR surrender and CPF withdrawal

Postby Bismark » Sun, 03 Feb 2019 9:24 pm

Hi, has anyone recently applied to withdraw cpf? How long does it usually take these days?

Bismark

Postby Bismark » Sun, 03 Feb 2019 10:06 pm

RicoCee wrote:Hi,

I just renounced my Singapore PR last October 1, 2018.

1. I went to ICA in the morning and was given a letter that I renounced my SIngapore PR. I was also given a visa to stay in Singapore for 30 days more.

2. I proceeded to CPF office in the afternoon to process my CPF withdrawal the process was fairly easy just needed to sign some documents and specify my bank account details and overseas address.
(note: make sure to go to your desired bank to update your details to match your name in passport and to specify your passport number because this is what CPF will use)

As of Today, I have not yet received any updates from CPF on the status of my CPF withdrawal. It has been more than 3 weeks already.

Good luck to all of us who are leaving Singapore to pursue a new life in a different Country! will let you know if there are any updates!

Cheers!

How long did it take for you to get the money?

kingofthebeasts

Postby kingofthebeasts » Mon, 18 Feb 2019 1:59 am

The money was transfered to my bank account within 2 months of application.
I did it late 2018. Was easy.

kingofthebeasts

Postby kingofthebeasts » Mon, 18 Feb 2019 2:23 am

Wd40 wrote:People who are giving up SG PR, do you guys realize how difficult it is to get one? I find it ironic, you guys have been given PR and you dont even value it, while so many people here would do anything to get one. BTW, PR by investment scheme costs 2M in Singapore, in comparison US EB1 is only 500K USD.

Let's put it this way: There are people who tried a bite of "sacred apple" and decided not to be greedy. They are generous enough to let others try it and get the taste of what it really is like O:)