Singapore Expats

PR surrender and CPF withdrawal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Bismark

Re: PR surrender and CPF withdrawal

Post by Bismark » Sun, 03 Feb 2019 9:24 pm

Hi, has anyone recently applied to withdraw cpf? How long does it usually take these days?

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun, 03 Feb 2019 10:06 pm

RicoCee wrote:Hi,

I just renounced my Singapore PR last October 1, 2018.

1. I went to ICA in the morning and was given a letter that I renounced my SIngapore PR. I was also given a visa to stay in Singapore for 30 days more.

2. I proceeded to CPF office in the afternoon to process my CPF withdrawal the process was fairly easy just needed to sign some documents and specify my bank account details and overseas address.
(note: make sure to go to your desired bank to update your details to match your name in passport and to specify your passport number because this is what CPF will use)

As of Today, I have not yet received any updates from CPF on the status of my CPF withdrawal. It has been more than 3 weeks already.

Good luck to all of us who are leaving Singapore to pursue a new life in a different Country! will let you know if there are any updates!

Cheers!
How long did it take for you to get the money?

kingofthebeasts

Post by kingofthebeasts » Mon, 18 Feb 2019 1:59 am

The money was transfered to my bank account within 2 months of application.
I did it late 2018. Was easy.

kingofthebeasts

Post by kingofthebeasts » Mon, 18 Feb 2019 2:23 am

Wd40 wrote:People who are giving up SG PR, do you guys realize how difficult it is to get one? I find it ironic, you guys have been given PR and you dont even value it, while so many people here would do anything to get one. BTW, PR by investment scheme costs 2M in Singapore, in comparison US EB1 is only 500K USD.

Let's put it this way: There are people who tried a bite of "sacred apple" and decided not to be greedy. They are generous enough to let others try it and get the taste of what it really is like O:)

Rafael_Nevy

Post by Rafael_Nevy » Fri, 05 Apr 2019 11:25 pm

Hi guys,

My Singapore PR expired recently since I'm living abroad. I applied to ICA regarding Renunciation of PR and I received a letter stating I'm no longer a PR of Singapore.

My questions is for CPF withdrawal application, do I need to submit original letter from ICA or a photocopy of it?

Thank you!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 09 Apr 2019 8:22 pm

Rafael_Nevy wrote:Hi guys,

My Singapore PR expired recently since I'm living abroad. I applied to ICA regarding Renunciation of PR and I received a letter stating I'm no longer a PR of Singapore.

My questions is for CPF withdrawal application, do I need to submit original letter from ICA or a photocopy of it?

Thank you!
Please do some homework and read the below

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/Members/Schemes/ ... er-grounds

Rafael_Nevy

Post by Rafael_Nevy » Wed, 10 Apr 2019 1:25 am

singaporeflyer wrote: Please do some homework and read the below

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/Members/Schemes/ ... er-grounds

Thanks, but I have already read that link and I know what documents need to be submitted, but my question is regarding letter from ICA mentioning PR renunciation.

I remember sometime back that official link mentioned about ICA letter but I don't see it any more. I just need clarification whether to submit ICA letter or not. And if I do need to submit that letter, can I submit photocopy or the original ICA letter itself.

Since I no longer live in Singapore, want to make sure I submit all documents.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 10 Apr 2019 1:49 am

Save a photocopy for yourself, mail the original.

Rafael_Nevy

Post by Rafael_Nevy » Wed, 10 Apr 2019 2:31 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Save a photocopy for yourself, mail the original.
Thank you Strong Eagle, you are awesome as always!

Appreciate your prompt replies.

EXPAT_SG5377

Post by EXPAT_SG5377 » Thu, 25 Apr 2019 3:47 pm

Just to share....

Its been 17 days now, counted as working days. My cpf havent credited to local bank. I call cpf still in process. Though received letter other govt agency they have received my renounced my PR status. Like IRAS...

I didnt count per weeks, but hopefully it will arrive soon. 5 to 7 weeks as they says according to CPF processing time. Its been goin 4 weeks this week. Cheers.

ms.s

Post by ms.s » Fri, 03 May 2019 8:18 am

EXPAT_SG5377 wrote:Just to share....

Its been 17 days now, counted as working days. My cpf havent credited to local bank. I call cpf still in process. Though received letter other govt agency they have received my renounced my PR status. Like IRAS...

I didnt count per weeks, but hopefully it will arrive soon. 5 to 7 weeks as they says according to CPF processing time. Its been goin 4 weeks this week. Cheers.
Hi there,
I guess we are on the same boat. Do you have any update now? Has your CPF withdrawal already been completed?
It's now exactly 5 months for me...sigh... and still no changes with my CPF account. I've applied overseas, and the message I got from CPF officer last week was my account is still in-process.... :-" [-o< . Hope to hear from you...Thanks mate.

leolm31

Post by leolm31 » Mon, 13 May 2019 7:02 am

Hi there
I am planning to renounce my PR and apply for cpf withdrawal when I do. Understand ICA will grant 30 days stay after. I read cpf withdrawal processing time is 6-8 weeks. Someone in forum got it within 8 weeks whilst someone took 5 months and counting.
Any tips on how to receive the monies within 6-8 weeks time frame. Is it possible to continue staying in the country waiting for the money. Will that quicken the process?
Any tips suggestions will be appreciated! If anyone recently received their money do share!
Thanks in advance!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 13 May 2019 7:17 am

If you have the money put into a local Singapore bank things will move faster. The verification process is faster. If you put it into an overseas bank it will take more time for verification.

leolm31

Post by leolm31 » Mon, 13 May 2019 9:12 am

Strong Eagle wrote:If you have the money put into a local Singapore bank things will move faster. The verification process is faster. If you put it into an overseas bank it will take more time for verification.
Thanks so much for reply! So if all documents are in order plus money going into local Singapore, it is likely the process will be within 6-8 weeks.

Do hope other members will be able to share their experience too!

Thank you!!!

Rafael_Nevy

Post by Rafael_Nevy » Fri, 28 Jun 2019 4:56 am

Hi All,

Has anyone received their CPF money and can you share the timeline of it? :)

Thank you!