Singapore Expats

PR surrender and CPF withdrawal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR surrender and CPF withdrawal

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 12 Nov 2019 7:20 pm

Rambo007 wrote:
Tue, 12 Nov 2019 7:04 pm
Hi everyone!
I am in Australia as a PR. My Singapore REP expired in 2017 and I got an extension for a year. Would any of you know if I can enter singapore with my expired REP because I still have my IC with me or should I apply for a visitor visa?

Thanks in advance.
You need to apply for a visitor pass. You wont be allowed an entry into SG based on an expired REP. Between where are you from? This would determine if you need to apply for a visa before arrival.

Rambo007

Post by Rambo007 » Wed, 13 Nov 2019 4:32 am

Thanks Singaporeflyer. I have an Indian passport residing in Australia (going to be a citizen soon).

My bro-in-law(who is singPR) applied for a visitor visa and it was rejected. So I am not too sure what happened. I was planning to stay in Singapore for 1 day (to get my PR renounced and go to CPF office to submit withdrawal paperwork) and head to India for my holidays. I'm a bit stuck. Let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 13 Nov 2019 9:53 am

Rambo007 wrote:
Wed, 13 Nov 2019 4:32 am
Thanks Singaporeflyer. I have an Indian passport residing in Australia (going to be a citizen soon).

My bro-in-law(who is singPR) applied for a visitor visa and it was rejected. So I am not too sure what happened. I was planning to stay in Singapore for 1 day (to get my PR renounced and go to CPF office to submit withdrawal paperwork) and head to India for my holidays. I'm a bit stuck. Let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions.
1. Your brother in law can go to ICA and try to ask on the rejection reason for the SVP and tell them that you want to come just to surrender your PR.

2. You can try surrendering in the Singapore Embassy in India/Aus?

Rambo007

Post by Rambo007 » Wed, 13 Nov 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks Singflyer. I called the High Commision of SIN in Canberra. When I mentioned that I still have the NRIC with me, they told me that may be the main reason for visa rejection. So I've posted that to them. ICA would be notified once they receive the docs and they will let me know once renounced apparently. They have not told me if I should expect a post or an email.

Do I need that original document for Cpf withdrawal as I don't see that mentioned in the form?

Thank you.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 13 Nov 2019 5:42 pm

Rambo007 wrote:
Wed, 13 Nov 2019 5:26 pm
Thanks Singflyer. I called the High Commision of SIN in Canberra. When I mentioned that I still have the NRIC with me, they told me that may be the main reason for visa rejection. So I've posted that to them. ICA would be notified once they receive the docs and they will let me know once renounced apparently. They have not told me if I should expect a post or an email.

Do I need that original document for Cpf withdrawal as I don't see that mentioned in the form?

Thank you.
Original document of what?

You surely need to go the embassy to renounce your PR. Once you send your NRIC does not mean your PR is surrendered.

Jaxxie

Post by Jaxxie » Mon, 09 Dec 2019 2:12 am

Heymic wrote:
Mon, 09 Sep 2019 9:09 am
My renauciation done at ica 02 Aug 2019, withdrawal application done at CPF 05 Aug 2019 (to local bank acc) . The withdrawal is still in process and it has been 23 working days since I submitted the withdrawal app.
Remarks: my iras tax cleared 28th Aug 2019.
Hi Heymic any updates so far😇

Jaxxie

Post by Jaxxie » Mon, 09 Dec 2019 2:13 am

Hi Heymic any updates so far😇

leolm31

Post by leolm31 » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 7:06 am

Hi anyone here is familiar with pr surrender and insurance coverage i.e once I surrender my pr, do I have to notify my insurance agent or company as well? Will my policies still be effective as long as I pay my premiums? Any insights on if I should maintain the policies or end it as I plan to renounce pr?
Thanks for any advice!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 9:54 am

leolm31 wrote:
Mon, 06 Jan 2020 7:06 am
Hi anyone here is familiar with pr surrender and insurance coverage i.e once I surrender my pr, do I have to notify my insurance agent or company as well? Will my policies still be effective as long as I pay my premiums? Any insights on if I should maintain the policies or end it as I plan to renounce pr?
Thanks for any advice!
Insurance and PR are 2 different things. Depends on what type of policy?

If non hospitalization, yes - they wont be affected

if hospitalization - you need to pay foreigner rates after PR cancellation as the premium rates are different.

leolm31

Post by leolm31 » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 10:17 am

Thanks for quick reply! As long as non health/hospitalization, it will not be affected. I suppose it’s worthwhile to keep the non hospitalization policies.

Thanks so much!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 10:57 am

leolm31 wrote:
Mon, 06 Jan 2020 10:17 am
Thanks for quick reply! As long as non health/hospitalization, it will not be affected. I suppose it’s worthwhile to keep the non hospitalization policies.

Thanks so much!
Where are you from and why are you renouncing?

leolm31

Post by leolm31 » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 11:42 am

From Malaysia and considering to renounce mainly because I am thinking of withdrawing my CPF as I am moving to Canada.

Hence am trying find out more info!

Thanks for your input :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 12:32 pm

leolm31 wrote:
Mon, 06 Jan 2020 11:42 am
From Malaysia and considering to renounce mainly because I am thinking of withdrawing my CPF as I am moving to Canada.

Hence am trying find out more info!

Thanks for your input :)
Are you from West Malaysia?

leolm31

Post by leolm31 » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 1:44 pm

Yes I am. Anything I should take note of? Appreciate it thanks

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 2:37 pm

leolm31 wrote:
Mon, 06 Jan 2020 1:44 pm
Yes I am. Anything I should take note of? Appreciate it thanks

You may withdraw your CPF in full if you satisfy all the following conditions:

You are a Malaysian citizen and have left Singapore permanently to reside in West Malaysia;