Singapore Expats

First time mum-to-be looking for mummy friends

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
Eilean

First time mum-to-be looking for mummy friends

Post by Eilean » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 6:42 pm

Hello - My husband (British) and I (French) have been in Singapore for about 10 months and managed to get pregnant here, away from all friends and family. I am due early September. This will be our first child, and not that I am freaking out, but it is strange to be doing it all on our own. It will be nice to connect with mums and mums-to-be. I am still working so have limited availability during the week. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Fatima

Xuan Nguyen

Re: First time mum-to-be looking for mummy friends

Post by Xuan Nguyen » Mon, 30 May 2016 9:31 pm

Hello Fatima,

Congratulation to your family, I guess you are now very exciting to see your little one.

My husband (German) and I (Vietnamese), been in Singapore more than 3 years. We have 2 daughters (1 is 23 months and 1 is 4 months old). I stay at home to take care of them with the assistance from my helper.

Happy to share experience and be friends with other mummies.

Feel free to contact me in your convenient or any questions feel free to ask. Can get together at weekend too. I stay in Toh Guan Road,

Best

Xuan

kla1808

Post by kla1808 » Wed, 08 Jun 2016 12:08 pm

Hi Fatima

Congratulations to you and I hope you are keeping well. I too have just found out that I am pregnant and it is also our first. My husband and I have been in Singapore only two and a half months and so I am still finding out and discovering...

I would love to connect with you or other expectant mothers to share experiences and make some friends.

I live in the Thomson area.

Take care

Kelly

JessB

Post by JessB » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 4:46 pm

Hi ladies,

When I first got to Singapore I found these Sassy Mama meetups invaluable. There are pregnancy talks and meetups, as well as kid-friendly meetups at different fun venues. A great way to meet other mums and see more of Singapore!
http://www.sassymamasg.com/

Best of luck,
Jess

fatoom_doc

Post by fatoom_doc » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 7:16 am

Hi Fatima,
Congratulations. Hope the pregnancy is going well. I'm pretty new to Singapore (been here 2 months) and a first time mum of a 5.5 month old. Im British and my husband is Singaporean. I'm still finding my feet navigating a new country and motherhood so happy to meet up and share what little I know ;) I don't know many people here so would love to meet ppl in the same/similar boat as me.

Tc
Fatema

sglocalbabies

Post by sglocalbabies » Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:44 am

Any mummies willing to share which hospital that you chosen for delivery and what you like about them?

Ali2016

Post by Ali2016 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 8:07 pm

Hi!

I have just moved to singapore with my husband almost 2 months ago. we both came from UK. I am currently 5 months pregnant and would also love to meet with some mums to be!

evasun

Post by evasun » Fri, 22 Jul 2016 1:08 am

Hello!

I am from Australia. Love to meet all mums too! Anyone has experience for babysitter? Would need to engage one for my 2 year old boy soon.

Eva

MrsPSG

Post by MrsPSG » Sun, 24 Jul 2016 5:57 pm

Congratulations all! I'm also a FTM, British Singapore PR. Would like to meet other new mums to be. 11 more weeks to due date for us, staying in the north of Singapore.

evasun

Post by evasun » Sun, 14 Aug 2016 2:11 pm

Dear mummies,
How are everyone doing? Just to share.. if any mum looking for ad hoc babysitter, you can try look for Annie. She is from this confinement nanny agency http://www.nannysos.com.sg
We have asked for her help twice, the most recent is on national day. Very attentive and caring. Hope this helps =)

Eva

evasun

Post by evasun » Sun, 14 Aug 2016 2:16 pm

JessB wrote:Hi ladies,

When I first got to Singapore I found these Sassy Mama meetups invaluable. There are pregnancy talks and meetups, as well as kid-friendly meetups at different fun venues. A great way to meet other mums and see more of Singapore!
http://www.sassymamasg.com/

Best of luck,
Jess
Sounds fun. Will bring my kid one day. Thanks for sharing =)

NZinSG
Regular
Regular

Post by NZinSG » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 9:22 pm

Hi Eilean, you must be almost due now - I hope everything is going well and you aren't too stressed. Good luck with the delivery.

My wife and I had our baby here, both without family or a support network here, just each other. It was difficult but we managed, namely because I am not working yet, so the two of us were home during her maternity leave. Hopefully you have someone you can bring in to help you.

Also, you'll do fine, after the first week everything is fairly obvious (what the baby needs etc), you'll just be tired, so try to get sleep (Though as a male and not needing to breastfeed I used coffee instead... I feel sorry for mothers as they can't drink coffee while breastfeeding).

angelghills

Post by angelghills » Thu, 01 Dec 2016 9:01 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm also a first time mom. I gave birth latter part of August. I have a 14 week old baby.

I'm currently on maternity leave so if you'd like to meet-up on weekdays I'd be happy to do so. Message me.

janepierre2005

Post by janepierre2005 » Mon, 06 Mar 2017 3:55 pm

Hi ladies,

My husband (French) and I (Brit) have been living in Singapore for about 3 years now with our two kids, and soon a new addition to the family. I'm about 4 months preg. I'm always keen on meeting new mummy friends so if anyone would like to catch up for a fruit smoothie, count me in. I live in Bukit Timah.

Jane

Shahla

Post by Shahla » Wed, 19 Sep 2018 4:05 pm

Hello Fatima,

Congratulations to you and your family :)
I'm Persian and my husband Singaporean. We have moved her because I was pregnant. Been living here for 6 months now and have a 4 months old baby girl. Would like to meet up with you and other mums to chit chat and share our experiences.

Shahla