Singapore Expats

Renew helper's work permit myself

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
valleyman
Regular
Regular

Renew helper's work permit myself

Post by valleyman » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 7:23 am

Need some advice guys.. My helper's work permit and contract is up for renewel. I am p***ed with the agency from where I had taken her as they were completely useless thereafter.

Hence, I was thinking of renewing it myself. Has anyone tried it before ? I know the MOM side of things would be straighforward, but how about the insurance, the bond and also any changes on the Philippine embassy side ? Do I need to update the contract with them and do all the OWA and other such things again ? Last time it was all handled by the agency and I am completely clueless.

Any other downsides of not having an agent ? I have never needed any agent apart from home-leave processing, which I can do online now.

Thanks in advance...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Renew helper's work permit myself

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:08 am

valleyman wrote:Need some advice guys.. My helper's work permit and contract is up for renewel. I am p***ed with the agency from where I had taken her as they were completely useless thereafter.

Hence, I was thinking of renewing it myself. Has anyone tried it before ? I know the MOM side of things would be straighforward, but how about the insurance, the bond and also any changes on the Philippine embassy side ? Do I need to update the contract with them and do all the OWA and other such things again ? Last time it was all handled by the agency and I am completely clueless.

Any other downsides of not having an agent ? I have never needed any agent apart from home-leave processing, which I can do online now.

Thanks in advance...
You can do it yourself, or find a reasonable agency.

Depending on her country, since 2 years is up, you may need to get the contract authenticated and other stuff processed in the embassy, hence my suggestion to get a reasonably priced agency.

Unless of course, if you have time for doing the above....