Singapore Expats

Looking for a nanny to take care of 2M old twins

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
Sriharic

Looking for a nanny to take care of 2M old twins

Post by Sriharic » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 6:00 am

Hi.

I'm looking for a nanny to take care of my twin daughters who are 2mths old. Does anyone have suggestions? Do you know how I can go about finding nannies in Singapore?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Looking for a nanny to take care of 2M old twins

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:10 am

Sriharic wrote:Hi.

I'm looking for a nanny to take care of my twin daughters who are 2mths old. Does anyone have suggestions? Do you know how I can go about finding nannies in Singapore?
Full time Nanny ?

Ever heard of FDWs ?

How long have you been in Singapore?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Looking for a nanny to take care of 2M old twins

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:43 am

Would you hire a FDW with a suspect/unknown background to take care of 2 month old twins.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 1:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Would you hire a FDW with a suspect/unknown background to take care of 2 month old twins.
Whilst I agree with you , it would appear many would happily leave their elderly parents with such folk as well :o

Then complain in facebook when the young girl fresh from the back of beyond in Indonesia runs away when she cant cope with looking after the elderly person.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 3:14 pm

Yeah, it boggles the mind, doesn't it! That's why my wife and I take care of her 90 year old mother (although at times we are both ready to put her in a home). We don't have a Domestic Helper.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Re: RE: Looking for a nanny to take care of 2M old twins

Post by x9200 » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 4:01 pm

ecureilx wrote:

Full time Nanny ?

Ever heard of FDWs ?

How long have you been in Singapore?
Yes, full time Nanny. Not everybody likes the concept of slave-like FDWs additionally living under one roof with you so you have no privacy.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 5:09 pm

The problem is most people in Singapore rely on FDWs so the market for the nannies is very small. You will need luck to find one and much more luck to find a good one. 2 month old twins don't make it any easier for sure. I would suggest you try very hard by the word of mouth. Ask everywhere you can, maybe someone knows one worth recommending. If you are filthy rich, you may consider "importing" a professional nanny from the UK or some other country.

And have a plan B involving a FDW. For both of the plans plan to have a member of your family to come over for a 3 months or so, to supervise the nanny, teach her and provide some feedback to you. This is particularly critical in FDW case.

lkyjjo

Post by lkyjjo » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 12:22 pm

Yes. Normally we ask neighbours, infant care centre or search online for agencies that provide babysitting services at your place or at nanny's home. Hope this helps.
"We only live once. Make every moment a memorable one."
myChildBook