Singapore Expats Forum

What's the buzz of the town in SINGAPORE?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

What's the buzz of the town in SINGAPORE?

Postby Guest » Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:17 pm

Hi,

What do people in Singapore do in their spare times? I cant remember seeing Singapore perform very well in any international sports event and since its such a small country I guess not many people are into sports and/or physical activities (because they dont have many sports fields).

Again since it's such a small country it doesn't have any natural attraction like snow-capped mountains or lush green forests or beautiful sandy beaches etc. I guess then people aren't quite into enjoying the nature. Pardon my oblivion but I can't quite remember when Singapore was a major cultural epicentre for any part of the world. Perhaps someone can correct me on this one.

Since I dont know much about Singapore and some of the normal things that people participate in in their daily lives all around the world aren't really high on the wish list of Singaporeans, I wonder what it is exactly that people over there do for recreation and to know more about their lifestyles I am starting this thread.

I understand it's quite difficult for Singaporeans themselves to describe their lifestyles, so foreigners (specifically expatriates) would be better placed to provide a clearer picture of what it's like in there. So I expect a healthy and insightful discussion to develop out of my first post.

Bye

xXx

Re: What's the buzz of the town in SINGAPORE?

Postby Guest » Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:37 pm

XxX, singa sucks bad its da boringmost country. in goddamned earth so plz dont visit singas coz u will b bored - to DEATH. This country got nothing to do, so boring meh.

Plz try 2 understand our point of view bcoz its not our fault. We are born losers and brought up in this oppressive environment so we end up being losers. Are you a caucasian? Then you'll be in good company.

If you are dark skinned (African, Indian whatever), ha ha ha, u are screwed big time. If you are from any of the poorer countries like Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Somalia, Myanmar, Vietnam etc. you'll be in trouble too. Coz most singaporeans are very racists. Not all like that but most.

So yes in general your ethnicity, language, skin colour, gender, money, lack of imagination, readiness to accept anything and everything that's shoved down ur throat will determine how you like singas.

but to answer ur question singas are total dumb pplz. they speak like dirty, uneducated beggars, speak singlish coz cant speak english. n they dun play, juz copy from j-pop.

byez
LKY

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

What do people in Singapore do in their spare times? I cant remember seeing Singapore perform very well in any international sports event and since its such a small country I guess not many people are into sports and/or physical activities (because they dont have many sports fields).

Again since it's such a small country it doesn't have any natural attraction like snow-capped mountains or lush green forests or beautiful sandy beaches etc. I guess then people aren't quite into enjoying the nature. Pardon my oblivion but I can't quite remember when Singapore was a major cultural epicentre for any part of the world. Perhaps someone can correct me on this one.

Since I dont know much about Singapore and some of the normal things that people participate in in their daily lives all around the world aren't really high on the wish list of Singaporeans, I wonder what it is exactly that people over there do for recreation and to know more about their lifestyles I am starting this thread.

I understand it's quite difficult for Singaporeans themselves to describe their lifestyles, so foreigners (specifically expatriates) would be better placed to provide a clearer picture of what it's like in there. So I expect a healthy and insightful discussion to develop out of my first post.

Bye

xXx

Superdan

Postby Superdan » Mon, 31 Jan 2005 7:22 pm

Eat at foodhawkers in the evening. Then watch TV with uncle and auntie and go to bed early (that's why bars and restaurants are empty during the week). Week-end is spent windowshopping on Orchard and Carrefour. Sound enticing ?

Re: What's the buzz of the town in SINGAPORE?

Postby Guest » Tue, 08 Feb 2005 4:37 am

Is Singapore really so boring and lousy? I hope not. What do the locals think?

xXx

Anonymous wrote:XxX, singa sucks bad its da boringmost country. in goddamned earth so plz dont visit singas coz u will b bored - to DEATH. This country got nothing to do, so boring meh.

Plz try 2 understand our point of view bcoz its not our fault. We are born losers and brought up in this oppressive environment so we end up being losers. Are you a caucasian? Then you'll be in good company.

If you are dark skinned (African, Indian whatever), ha ha ha, u are screwed big time. If you are from any of the poorer countries like Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Somalia, Myanmar, Vietnam etc. you'll be in trouble too. Coz most singaporeans are very racists. Not all like that but most.

So yes in general your ethnicity, language, skin colour, gender, money, lack of imagination, readiness to accept anything and everything that's shoved down ur throat will determine how you like singas.

but to answer ur question singas are total dumb pplz. they speak like dirty, uneducated beggars, speak singlish coz cant speak english. n they dun play, juz copy from j-pop.

byez
LKY