Singapore Expats

Cheap drinks, happy hours?

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
voodoo-child

Cheap drinks, happy hours?

Post by voodoo-child » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:51 am

Does anyone here know and can recommend places with cheap drinks in Singapore? Or places which have good happy hour deals?

My love for alcohol doesn't let me save. My love for money doesn't let me spend.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Cheap drinks, happy hours?

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:38 pm

voodoo-child wrote:Does anyone here know and can recommend places with cheap drinks in Singapore? Or places which have good happy hour deals?

My love for alcohol doesn't let me save. My love for money doesn't let me spend.

Depends on your definition of cheap.

There are bars where happy hour runs till 8, others - 9, and some, 930.

And those along emerald hill and cuppage always have bucket promo.

And again, cheap what ? Beer? Whiskey ? Wine ?

The cheapest whiskey place as of now, is a bar called Finders Keepers.

As for cheapest beer, hawker center it is, followed by some places which border on sleazy :o

voodoo-child

Re: Cheap drinks, happy hours?

Post by voodoo-child » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:51 pm

Yep, beer it is. Hawker centre isn't exactly a bar, is it! Glad you didn't suggest buying my alcohol from a 7-Eleven.

Thank you for the response anyway.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Cheap drinks, happy hours?

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 1:06 pm

voodoo-child wrote:Yep, beer it is. Hawker centre isn't exactly a bar, is it! Glad you didn't suggest buying my alcohol from a 7-Eleven.

Thank you for the response anyway.

Ah, the cheap beer places I know, you won't fancy them, considering your preference for bit of Class :o

PS, I may have suggested 711 if they served draftImagealas, they don't ..... my preference for beer are those that come from tap. Image

voodoo-child

Post by voodoo-child » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 1:22 pm

Ha. Too early mate, too early to assume what I prefer.

I know a few places like Zsofis and Nabins that do a good job of happy hours but no harm in trying something new, is there? Is why this post is here, to see if people have some other suggestions.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 2:15 pm

If going cheap for alcohol is what you truly aim, buy duty-free alcohol from airport and host at someone else's awesome place. Really, the savings have turned me away from pubs and bars that have to pay for Singapore's crazy rental rates.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 5:19 pm

the lynx wrote:If going cheap for alcohol is what you truly aim, buy duty-free alcohol from airport and host at someone else's awesome place. Really, the savings have turned me away from pubs and bars that have to pay for Singapore's crazy rental rates.
voodoo-child is after beer :)

Yes, getting it from Duty free, or the "Shop" in Serangoon road is cheaper if you are into drinking at home or with friends.

PS, this is the place I said, cheaper booze :

http://www.timeout.com/singapore/shoppi ... rs-keepers

Absolut @ 55
Black Label @ 88
Baileys 60
Chivas 12 @ 114
JW Platinum @ 184

Not sure how long their promo prices run for :)

voodoo-child

Post by voodoo-child » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 6:35 pm

Thanks guys

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:27 am

This came up elsewhere, below is a link to 24 cheap(ish) bars. I know one of them well and the write up for that is accurate, so I would expect the others to be similar.

http://sethlui.com/cheap-bars-singapore/

Azshec

Post by Azshec » Wed, 20 Apr 2016 3:29 am

Hi you can try and go to Holland Village.. A few restobars are having a good deal with regards of happy hour.. My favorite place is at "the Pit" (basically it is literally located at the pit of lorong liput.. a quiet and a friendly bar) they have a few selection of beertap and happy hour is really reasonable to enjoy your drink.. on the other hand the opposite side (lorong mambong) has a lot of happy hours going on too like "3crowns" is like 1for1 and "Baden" too..

Azshec

hilife001

Post by hilife001 » Sat, 04 Jun 2016 10:19 am

check out a bar called the Beacon, had 5 dollar beers (pint) until 9pm last week....6 dollar house spirits

brunoeazzurra

Post by brunoeazzurra » Wed, 06 Jul 2016 10:01 am

So I was at this industry organized meet up at Cocotto at 38 Peking Street the other day. https://www.facebook.com/cocottosg/

Not your bar, but a great watering hole with a pint priced at 6.80, half at 4.80, and pretty decent house wines at 5.80. Reasonably nice place to defuse after work if you don't mind the Al Fresco. And it's the standard (not HH) price AFAIR.

aki01

Post by aki01 » Thu, 07 Jul 2016 10:32 am

For those of you on the East Coast the following are 2 bars in Siglap I'd recommend:

POD (Philosopy of Drinking): $7 Tiger Pints, $9 Draught for a decent pint of guinness
Malthouse: Lots of craft beers, all draught beers $10 a pint before 8pm.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 07 Jul 2016 11:41 am

brunoeazzurra wrote:So I was at this industry organized meet up at Cocotto at 38 Peking Street the other day. https://www.facebook.com/cocottosg/

Not your bar, but a great watering hole with a pint priced at 6.80, half at 4.80, and pretty decent house wines at 5.80. Reasonably nice place to defuse after work if you don't mind the Al Fresco. And it's the standard (not HH) price AFAIR.
All the bars down that stretch are very very cheap.

Its a pity they are not open on weekends :(

I think only "The Chanmber" is open on Saturday now , and none of them are open on Sundays

Some of us have to work in the week.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:59 pm

aki01 wrote:For those of you on the East Coast the following are 2 bars in Siglap I'd recommend:

POD (Philosopy of Drinking): $7 Tiger Pints, $9 Draught for a decent pint of guinness
Malthouse: Lots of craft beers, all draught beers $10 a pint before 8pm.
The few times I've been to the Malt House they didn't know how to pour a beer. Surprising for a place that specializes in craft beer. I hear ownership has changed so perhaps they are better now.

Bungy Bar and Little Saigon at Clark Quay both have good happy hours. $10 a pint at BB with the added advantage of showing the rugby. :-) 50% off beer at Little Saigon with good food.